What's the sale tax in Florida / WDW ?

filet1970

Mouseketeer
Quick question:
I know there is/are sale taxes in Florida / WDW but what's the %? Can't find the info now. Does it apply to everything (food, services, etc)?
Thanks

I believe WDW is in two different counties with two different tax rates. I don't recall the exact number, but it's much lower than our 9.75% here at home.

Sheila

Most of Walt Disney World is in Orange County, where the sales tax rate is 6.5%. This applies to merchandise, tickets, prepared/restaurant meals, but not groceries.

There is an additional 5% resort tax on hotel rooms in Orange County.

The All Star resorts are in Osceola County, where the sales tax rate is 7% and the resort tax is 6%.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

The Florida Sales Tax rate is 6.0%.

HOWEVER -- There is also a county surtax which is added on. This is based on an election in each county. The surtax may or may not have an expiration date. There are four possibilities: None, 0.5%, 1.0%, or 1.5% which translates to a total of 6.0%, 6.5%, 7.0% or 7.5%. Orange County (which is most of WDW) has a 6.5% rate and Osceola County (which is Wide World of Sports and the three All-Stars Resorts) has a 7.0% rate.

Many counties have a lodging tax, usually 5.0%, which is added to the sales tax rate and surtax.

Also, most professional services are not taxable. Also, grocery food generally is not taxed, but food ready for immediate consumption, including all freshly prepared is taxable.

Mike
CPA

A bit confusing this county tax but at least I have an idea as to what to expect once I'm there!
Thanks a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter