What's the longest you've ever waited to be seated w/ ADR?

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
I'm heading to WDW in November. I ask how long you have had to wait to be seated partially so I know how much time to plan to spend at each restaurant, but I also ask just to hear some stories and to see if anyone has anything to vent about!

I think we've been lucky really and never had to wait for more than 5-10-mins after our ADR time.

The only time we waited beyond our ADR time was for 30-mins at 50's Prime Time Cafe, but that was because they accidentally ticked us off their wait list!

We once had to wait 20 minutes at Cape May Cafe at the Yacht/Beach Club. The worst, though, was probably 30-35 min. at Captain's Grille. We had ADRs for both.

Other than that, we generally have only had to wait 5-10 minutes to be seated for our ADRs.

55 minutes at Biergarten. 45 minutes there a second time. Both times, we had 8 or 9 people in our party. Unfortunately, its grandpa's favorite or I'd never go back.

60 minutes at Akershus due to the large party in front of us that booked for 4 people and decided to show up as a party of 10. We had our ADR planned in conjunction with Illuminations. We should have been finished eating about 20 minutes before the fireworks started. Needless to say we didn't see Illuminations that trip we only heard it from inside the restaurant.

Last edited:
We waited about 30 min for Liberty Tree Tavern. But we had a 4:30 at Yak and Yeti. Walked over around 3:40 and they seated us almost and hour early.

Waited nearly an hour at Le Cellier one night. I don't really blame it on the restaurant, though. It was during a driving rainstorm, and people weren't leaving their tables due to the storm.

'Ohana is always good for at least a half hour past reservation time. It's the most consistently late restaurant on property, IMO.

45 minutes at Crystal Palace for dinner. We almost missed our FP for SDMT because we also had to wait just about as long in the restaurant after finishing dinner for the characters. I now plan 2 hours for all character meals.

Somewhere in the 40-50 range for Le Cellier. Though to give credit to the staff they warned me (solo trip) that it was running past ADR time. They were bringing out some little appetizers and drinks for people to sample. And while I wasn't interested in either I'll admit it's the thought that counts.

90 minutes - Akershus. I have NO clue what was going on that night. it also happened to be dinnertime at the end of April (2010). I've never waited longer than 30 since then. Well, maybe it was about 45 at 50s last summer. but it was raining. and I'm sure no one wanted to leave their table. hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter