Whats the easiest way to store perishable groceries prior to check in?

missquaintrelle

Earning My Ears
To make a long story short, four days prior to our arrival at WDW my FI and I will be attending a conference in Orlando from 9/13-9/16 and will have use of a rental car provided by his workplace (only for those days). On Friday 9/17 we will be dropped off at PORFQ and ready to start our trip. However, since we'll be arriving so early, I'm at a loss as to what to do with our perishables before check in.

My FI figured since we'll have access to the car, we can go to publix and stock up on our basic breakfast needs. I know Garden Grocer is more convenient albeit a $40 minimum, but my FI is stubborn about spending money. I know bell services will hold your GG order, luggage, etc until the room is ready but will bell services hold in our brought in perishables?

We'll be on the DDP, but prefer to eat breakfast in our room for convenience and of course to save money (which I'm not convinced you can use the phrase Disney and Save money with out irony):rolleyes1

TIA!

Since Garden Grocer can leave things for guests at bell services I don't see why a hotel guest could not do the same thing. I would call POFQ and just ask them. Hopefully you will get into your room when you get there. The last few times we have stayed at POFQ we were given out room at check in and we checked in a little after 9 am. It helps if you are not picky on where your room is, and tell them you'll take any room available right then. You can't get a bad room at POFQ. We love that resort and always try to stay there. Have a great trip!

We have used Bell services before to keep our perishable items in their refrig without any problems.Have a great trip:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We leave them with Bell Services all the time and have never had any trouble. We just make sure to have a sharpie marker with us and write our name on each bag just in case they get separated.

You can get an inexpensive collapsable cooler or a styrofoam cooler to store your perishables in. Bell services will hold that cooler for you until you can get into your room. That might give you the greatest certainty.

The last time we had to have items stored by bell services before check-in we just let them know that we had items that needed refrigeration. I think that they stored the valet cart that carried all our luggage and items in a refrigerated room. Just let them know that you have perishables, they've always been helpful. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you all so much. I would have never thought to pack a soft sided cooler and tags to mark our stuff :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter