What's the deal with online check-in?

What is the advantage of doing this? Any disdvantages?

thx

You spend less time at the Front Desk as they already have all your information on-hand. It's worked out great the times we have done it! In the coming months, it will tie-in more with MyMagic+ and add more benefits. :yay:

What is the advantage of doing this?

In theory, it should shorten the amount of time you spend at the window when you check in upon arrival. Your packet of information and KTTW's etc are printed up and ready for you. Your credit card info for charging back to your room is already entered also.

Any disdvantages?

Not that I have experienced.

Good to know....I have never used online check in and am considering using it on my next trip.

I think I have read somewhere that some people do not like online checkin as depending on their assigned room, there may be difficulting switching to another when you arrive if you do not like location.

Has anyone experienced this?

I think I have read somewhere that some people do not like online checkin as depending on their assigned room, there may be difficulting switching to another when you arrive if you do not like location.

Has anyone experienced this?

It doesn't make it more difficult, but defeats the purpose of the quicker line. So if there are people in back of you in line who just want to grab there packet and go....and you decide that you don't like your room assignment, thus causing CM to have to go into the system and change everything and issue a new KTTW card....the people in back of you are not getting the benefit of the "quickness factor" because you did not grab your folder and go.

It doesn't make it more difficult, but defeats the purpose of the quicker line. So if there are people in back of you in line who just want to grab there packet and go....and you decide that you don't like your room assignment, thus causing CM to have to go into the system and change everything and issue a new KTTW card....the people in back of you are not getting the benefit of the "quickness factor" because you did not grab your folder and go.

Exactly. So if you simply must have a certain room type or location, doing OLCI may not benefit you.

d23 said:
You spend less time at the Front Desk as they already have all your information on-hand. It's worked out great the times we have done it! In the coming months, it will tie-in more with MyMagic+ and add more benefits. :yay:

What is MyMagic+?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter