• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats The Deal With MGM

P

Pluto17

I remember reading on this bored before about Disny taking out The Great Movie Ride, and having the hat icon that is being used for the 100th year celebration, will become the new icon for MGM. Does anyone know this is true or not. I mean when I was down thisn past August and saw the almost completed hat you can not see the Great Movie Ride at all. Plus if you look at the the new video u dont see the ride in any of the designs. Can anyone clarify this. Thanks

It seems that the Sorcerer Hat may be the permanent icon of Disney Studios. Look at the Mickey Wand for Epcot, that was supposed to be temporarily but it doesn't look like they are going to get rid of it any time soon.

Well does anyone know what they are gonna do about the great movie ride....??????

Well does anyone know what they are gonna do about the great movie ride....??????

Um operate it :confused: It's not going anywhere...

The 100 years of Magic WDW video has the MGM name digitally removed from the park structures, is MGM getting dropped, with the great movie ride?

There was some new contract negotiation a couple of years ago and the possibility of losing the merchandising agreement with MGM existed. Disney covered the bases and produced some merchandise and promos without the MGM name. Losing the rights to use the MGM logo and properties would have cut several large scenes from The Great Movie ride so I believe that, combined with the age and condition of the ride added to the rumors of it's demise. The agreement was (fairly) recently renewed for an undisclosed amount of time and The Great Movie ride doesn't appear to be going anywhere.
Of course, this is the rumors board and I could be completely wrong... Somebody correct me if I am (as if I had to ask :) ).

The new agreement with MGM doesn't allow Disney to use the MGM name in any promotional material, which is why the MGM was edited out of the video. What happens in the future is to be seen...but I wouldn't be surprised if it was renamed the Walt Disney Studios...that's the name of the new park in Paris. It's a very classy name. But about the use of MGM material, I *think* the GMR is the only place where it's used...unless Star Wars is MGM, not sure. There have been lots of rumors about the GMR recieving a total makeover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter