• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the deal with Easter week dining ressies?

lissiesmum

DIS Veteran
I already have all my ADRs booked for our trip the week of Easter next year, (got everything we wanted), and out of curiosity I checked online and all of the "hard to get" places are still available (CRT, 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier, etc.) What's up with that? I thought Easter week was the second busiest time of the year at WDW? I was really worried about the crowds, but I'm wondering if it might not be as bad as I thought? :confused3

Hello! I stumbled across this thread from the past because I was trying to figure out where I wanted to book dinner Easter 2012.

I have to ask: how were the crows Eater week 2011?

And, where did you choose to eat on Easter?

I was a little confused when I first read this as I was trying to figure how the OP managed to get ADRs for Easter next year ..... then I saw the date of the post :lmao:

We have got lucky with some last minute ADRs - as in got them while we were there by checking at the concierge at our resort for Easter week. I think on thing to keep in mind with Easter and ADRs is that there is no free dining and in addition, there is also a peak season surcharge which is a deterent. I can't comment on the crowds for this year as we are doing a September trip again. What I will say, having done October last year for the first time, I found it much easier to plan and manage our days on our Easter visits. Yes, crowds are intense, but everything is operating at full swing, plenty parades and shows and long park hours give you far more workable hours for the day.

There are those who avoid heavily crowded times at all costs, but there are pros and cons to both. Personally, Easter is still my fave time to visit.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for but had to just let you know that we think Easter is a great time to visit and after this year's trip, our next trip is looking to be a spring one :goodvibes

We booked only a few months out (about 3) for this past week before Easter and had no trouble getting the ADRs we wanted anywhere, but we did not eat character meals this trip. We got a Le Cellier dinner 2 hours beforehand on a Friday night as well.

Hello! I stumbled across this thread from the past because I was trying to figure out where I wanted to book dinner Easter 2012.

I have to ask: how were the crows Eater week 2011?

And, where did you choose to eat on Easter?

It was our 1st time at WDW over Easter (we were there 4/22-4/30) and we had a FABULOUS time. The crowds were not bad at all - we did rope drop every day and basically walked on all rides until 12:00. From 12-3 it would get crowded, but even then it was not bad at all. In the morning we collected fastpasses & used them in the afternoon when it was busier. The longest line we ever waited in was 15 minutes. I think we lucked out with Easter being so late this year.

We ate at Boma for breakfast on Easter & Coral Reef for dinner.

We booked only a few months out (about 3) for this past week before Easter and had no trouble getting the ADRs we wanted anywhere, but we did not eat character meals this trip. We got a Le Cellier dinner 2 hours beforehand on a Friday night as well.

We also had no problem booking adrs. We didn't even decide to go until 2 months prior and got all the adrs we wanted and at the times we wanted - we also made changes on some adrs about 3-4 weeks prior to the trip with no problem.

Thank you - that gives me hope LOL! I've never been to WDW during Easter. We usually do February and had to do President's weekend and it wasn't so bad.

Since my kids are now a bit older, pulling them out of school has become something I am not comfortable with, so I am working within the times they have off...and that basically leaves me Easter week for the 11/12 school year.

We've booked in a 2 bedroom at AKV, so we will have the kitchen in the event I wanted to cook Easter dinner (not), but I am so looking forward to eating out!

Thank you all for the input. I was thinking of the Cape May Cafe or Captain's Grille

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter