• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the best Steak at Disney

PrinceGoofy

Mouseketeer
On all of our past trips(7 or 8) I have gone along and eaten chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc... Yes, we've had Italian, English, German, Norwegian, Mexican - a little of everything at Epcot.

But I like beef.

This time we're planning to let the kids stay at the Neverland Club and we are going out for a steak. A great big, beautiful steak.

What is the best place, and best steak, at Disney?

I've heard a lot of good things about Shula's.

The Yachtsman Steakhouse is wonderful! We've had many good meals there. Highly recommend!

The Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary is also very good.

Enjoy! :)

I have several favs which we always try each time we are at WDW:

*Shula's steakhouse (amazing & my DH's #1 place to enjoy a dinner together..giant cuts of beef available here!)

*Yachtsman (aged & tender beef)

*Le Cellier Steakhouse

*Concourse steakhouse

*Narcoossee's

*Boatwright's

These are in order of personal preference. There are many other restaurants which SERVE steak, but the above locations actually "specialize" in the preparation and presentation of this particular fare.

Hope you ENJOY your meal, wherever you select to dine!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Le Cellier Steakhouse was our favorite ....

Can you tell me about Shula's steakhouse ....

Originally posted by dbail2
Can you tell me about Shula's steakhouse ....
Certainly. The ambience is very refined and dark, which we enjoy. The music is soft, and the chairs are very comfy. The menu is on a football, signed by Don Shula. The cuts of beef are also presented on a bed of ice, atop a silver serving cart. This cart is used to offer a "visual" for all the different cuts offered in the restaurant.

The servers are amazingly adept. We never want for ANYTHING when we visit Shula's. We always order appetizers, (Beefsteak Tomatoes & Gorgonzola Salad, Lobster & Shrimp cocktails, etc), and some wine (they have a fabulous wine list). My DH always has the 48 oz porterhouse (no..he can NEVER finish this!), and I prefer the filet or NY. I enjoy the asparagus, and my DH has a potato. The creme brulee and the 7-layer cake complete our perfect experience.

It is our absolute #1 for a nice adult dining experience. Even our DD, whom has accompanied us on our last two visits, agrees. She does not eat beef, but thoroughly enjoys the seafood, and the wonderful, relaxing environment.

Hope you give it a try. It's something special. Jane is the manager at the Dolphin location, and she is fabulous! Enjoy!! ::yes::

I had the filet with mac and cheese at Le Cellier and was disappointed. I had a steak at Mama Melrose that I enjoyed much more. The reason I was disappointed was because it was cold and I didn't feel like sending it back. Go figure.

The best steak (by far) that I've had on property came from the Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney. OH MY that was a good steak. I got full halfway, but kept eating because it was just too good to waste... lol... (I couldn't take it with me, unfortunetly)

yes, the yachtmans steakhouse has an awesome steak!!

Charred Black Angus Bourbon Strip Steak -- 12 oz. New York Strip steak marinated in bourbon, served with crushed potatoes $30.99

and these go great with it:
Sautéed Mushroom Caps smothered with sherry and cabernet wine sauce $5.49

oh i am so hungry now!!::yes::

I am going to move this to restaurants, where you may get more responses.

Indeed!!
Meat-wise Shula's has the best steaks, tho it isn't as WDW "friendly" as it should be considering it's location. Service is smooth and "correct", but our two servers barely cracked a smile the entire meal. The staff could use a little Pixie-Dust, I'm thinking..
Should add that my Porterhouse was excellent!!

I can also vouch for that Bourbon Crusted NY Strip at Yachtsman.

Either of these 2 spots should satisfy--

Shula's has the best beef by far. Some may think it's stuffy but the service is excellent.

I agree about the quality of the beef at Shula's...But the service when we were there was not only stuffy but FAR from excellent, not WDW friendly, as Uncle says, and quite pretentious, IMO. But the steak is good...The steak is very good. We've eaten there twice, btw...
pirate:

I'll second the Portobello Yacht Club. Great, great steak. The one I had was some kind of cheese-encrusted ribeye. Amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter