What's so special about Concierge?

Based on my experience if you aren't in concierge you will not get a family beach cabana. I logged in at the stroke of midnight as a platinum cruiser and every family cabana was already gone. Seems like serenity bay cabanas are available for gold/platinum cruisers but not the family beach ones.

I wonder if your experience is cruise specific. Our 10/20/13 double dip on the magic is my wife's first as a platinum cruiser and we were able to secure family cabana #7 for both stops.

We are sailing Concierge Disney Dream in October. I know that we get priority boarding but will we have the opportunity to meet Mickey in the terminal before we board? Do we need to line up for this with everyone? I'm only wondering because my sister really hates being "in" crowds so this might be something we have to skip.

Also the character/s usually set up in front of the large ship model. The line varies depending on what time you arrive at the terminal. If the character isn't present on arrival, check-in, then hang out at the ship model, and or get in line, and wait. The character should show up prior to boarding CL. And yes, you stand in line with everyone else. This line can get looong and crowded, so I can relate.

Plus this is a photo op, so having your KTTW card will assist in locating photo/s later. ;)

Happy Labor Day weekend!! My husband and I will be cruising on the Fantasy for our first time in March. We will be cruising concierge and I wanted to ask if there are any special requests we should put in regarding where we want to sit for dinner. I have heard people want to be near screens in AP and something about booths in EG. I would love to hear your recommendations and where you like to sit! Thanks!!!! popcorn::

Happy Labor Day weekend!! My husband and I will be cruising on the Fantasy for our first time in March. We will be cruising concierge and I wanted to ask if there are any special requests we should put in regarding where we want to sit for dinner. I have heard people want to be near screens in AP and something about booths in EG. I would love to hear your recommendations and where you like to sit! Thanks!!!! popcorn::

I have limited experience and after not requesting anything specific when cruising concierge feel that that they typically give preferential tables to begin with had great tables every time. I have also heard that you might sit close to the screens and still not interact with crush so if you sit close it is not guaranteed. if you request sitting in a booth it will put you at table "x" for all rotations which might not be your preferred table at another restaurant. Since you will have the same dining team each night you will keep the same table number for each restaurant and that can change from cruise to cruise. I hope that made sense.

I have limited experience and after not requesting anything specific when cruising concierge feel that that they typically give preferential tables to begin with had great tables every time. I have also heard that you might sit close to the screens and still not interact with crush so if you sit close it is not guaranteed. if you request sitting in a booth it will put you at table "x" for all rotations which might not be your preferred table at another restaurant. Since you will have the same dining team each night you will keep the same table number for each restaurant and that can change from cruise to cruise. I hope that made sense.

It does make sense!! :) Thank you very much!!!

I called today and was able to upgrade to 12010 on the Dream for our May cruise!:woohoo: This thread has been so helpful- thank you!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter