What's so great about Le Cellier?

well, we tried LC last time and thought the steaks were great! We are really steak people. My kids loved their food too. If you don't find their menu appealing, I'm sure you'll find another resteraunt that you'll love.

My dd is the steak lover (and I do mean steak lover) in our family (just the two of us). But she can be pretty downright picky about the sides. LC had hands-down the best mashed potatoes anywhere in disney (no lumps or garlic for my kid). She also loved their chocolate cake. So we'll go back. In fact, we've got ADRs for her birthday. It's the only restaurant in WDW that she's eaten the entree, the side (unless they're fries) and the dessert!

Like the others, we too had to try it to see what all the fuss was about. We weren't all that impressed with our meal there! Things were just okay. We did have a much better meal at the Concourse Steakhouse. We would go back there in a heartbeat!

we used to eat at le cellier for many years during each visit, twice a year - but the past two years, we've been less than satisfied - aside from the seating problem there (tables WAY too close together), the noise factor and the slow service we've received recently, the steaks were - well - they were eh.... not bad, not good, just eh - kind of what i'd expect at at local steak and ale at home, nothing special - maybe it was that they weren't cooked properly each time, or that sitting THISCLOSE to the tables next to us put a damper on the meal - whatever - won't be going back again

We went for lunch last year because of all the hype. We didn't think it was anything special and I really don't get all the rave reviews. :confused3

:goodvibes We ate there last year, good food, great service...but Iam almost embarrased to tell you my husband had a better steak at Tony's Town Square..He's steak at LeCellier was good, don't get me wrong, but the one he had at Tonys was melt in mouth good!;)

I am happy to see this thread. Because of what "everyone" says, I was dyign to go to LC. I called just about 180 days ahead but as a party of 5 we couldn't get a reservation until 8:50 at night. This caused me to stop and think. We don't eat meat! Maybe this wasn't such a fabulous place for us. We now have reservations at Coral Reef which I think will make us much happier.

I am happy to see this thread. Because of what "everyone" says, I was dyign to go to LC. I called just about 180 days ahead but as a party of 5 we couldn't get a reservation until 8:50 at night. This caused me to stop and think. We don't eat meat! Maybe this wasn't such a fabulous place for us. We now have reservations at Coral Reef which I think will make us much happier.

LOL!!!!

I don't think that this is uncommon with the hype around a restaurant - we fell for that one with Boma back when "everyone" was saying how wonderful it is - I don't like buffets. Le Cellier isn't a good vegetarian or pesca-vegetarian choice (the salmon is pretty good, but there is better fish around at WDW) - the cheese soup has bacon in it.

We haven't ever tried LC, but we have no desire to. We just aren't "steak and potato" people. For us, a good restaurant meal would be Thai, Indian, Greek, or something similar. I figure, we can get a nice steak, a couple of potatoes, and make them at home- why go out for them and pay an arm and a leg?

I wanted to try this place because of the glowing reviews. I am not a big steak eater, so why I wanted to try it is beyond me.

That being said, the meal was wonderful! It is DH's favorite restaurant. We have ADR's twice on our next trip (lunch and dinner). I think that everyone should make their own decisions; don't let bad reviews stop you from going someplace. People hated 'Ohana after the changes, but it's still my favorite place.

We liked it, but would not be disappointed if we couldn't eat there. Our Outbacks back home are better. But, the Outback is not in WDW...SO, I would take LeCellier over Outback anyday. :) Anything to be in Disney..I'd probably eat cardboard. :rotfl:

My DH and I are splitting up one night with the kids. The youngest 2 and I will eat at Le Cellier, and My oldest DS and DH will be dining at Teppenyaki. I am really looking forward in trying this place!

My family has always been big fans of LC. Mainly for the cheddar cheese soup and the bread. The steak, eh, I could take it or leave it. Go and try it for yourselves. Everyone has their own opinion.

Thanks to these boards I went to LeCeller two years ago and it was a great meal. I had the lobster and steak and it was the best lobster tail I have ever eaten. I still have dreams about it.

I am going back this August and will be there on my third night.

I can't wait!!!!!

THAT'S what makes the DIS so great. You get lots of opinions.

For me, I hated my Concourse experience. Loud, rushed, close quarters, no "extra" attention at all. Le Cellier was relaxed, quiet, seated in about the same amount of time and the rissotto was fabulous. (pretzel bread doesn't do it for me, but the whole grain....)

You can listen to the "reviews", but you really need to make up your own mind. Check the menus, any one restaurant might/might not be right for your family. And don't forget, the experience that any one family has is going to be different from another....even if they were visiting at the same time!

I work at a steak house in Canada and your wrong!!you must have had a bad experience because they are the best!!! Unless of course you got the steak from a fast food joint.

Its Way Too Hard To Get Reservations At Normal Times I Got A 410 And Then 2 Days Later Got A 445 Oh Well It Works I Love This Place Mash To Die For And Filet Is Really Good Without The Bbq And Being From Philly Pretzel Bread So Yummy

The same way Beanie Babies were so hot, when the word gets out that it is a hot commodity everyone wants in!!!

My wife and I dined at LeCellier this past December with the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package and loved it. We both had a Filet, my Mushroom Filet was fantastic, not the best I ever had, but very, very good. My wife's steak was slightly better at Councourse but also very good. The cheese soup was great as well as the pretzel bread. I guess It's hit or miss with the reviews, had we read all of the reviews on Alfredos we would not have dined there last year and we would have missed our favorite restaurant and best meal of our honeymoon. I guess we were lucky, but all of our dining experiences at DW have been great so far. We just purchased a DVC (SSR) so I am hoping that the good dining experiences won't be few and far between as many in DIS posts seem to suggest. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter