What's October like???

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Have been to WDW only in the summer before - 2000 and 2001 in August/early September. Thinking of going last two weeks in October in 2003 - what is it like in terms of queues/heat/rain??

Hope our school announces the dates of the October holiday soon after the kids go back - looks like prices drop very late on in the month.

Sue.

Most schools seem to have their holidays from the 18th October onwards. I know of someone being quoted over £700 for a Virgin flight on the 17th.

Even the charters are asking over £600.

Weather wise, I like October. 'Normally' rain fall is quite low. Plus, you have the added benefit of being in the US for Halloween, which is absolutely brilliant!

Your local education authority should already have term dates. They are usually set well in advance.

Check out their website.

Last year if I remember rightly the last two weeks in October were showery, Not too hot , although we were in shorts and t shirts all the time, some days quite cloudy.

Queues were very short, if at all. Busch Gardens was nearly deserted the day we went.

Carol

We have been in early October before and the weather has always been nice. Very hot and sunny with the odd thunderstorm, but it's never been anything too awful.

Crowds have never been too bad when we have been before.

Have a great time. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Carol Ann,

Good idea re local authority website - but no luck - only goes as far as the summer hols next year - typical.

Never mind only a week to go before school hols ends - only trouble is the availablility seems to be disappearing fast - my first choice of flights already gone - was there Wednesday night.

Sue

Any other experiences of October travel anyone, positive or negative?

We went in October 2000. THe last week of Oct and first week of Nov.

Weather was lovely - around 75F sunny - only had two showers - both on the same day and for about 10 mins each. Crowds were very light - hardly any queueing at all..... would definately recommend this time of year - and you get Halloween as a bonus:p

Tony

Hi,

We always go in October, its a lovely time to go, its very warm and sunny, and hardly any rain.
When we went in Oct 2000, we had 1 day rain in 3 weeks.
If you decide to go in Oct, dont miss Halloween Horror Nights in Universal Studios , it is fab, the atmosphere is so unreal, although if you have very young children, it would be to scary and intense for them, MNSSHP in Magic Kingdom is good fun for younger kids.

HELEN:) :)

We haven't visited Florida in the summer, so can't compare with that time of year, but out of our visits in March / April, December / January and October / November, October is definitely our favourite time of year to go :)

If you plan on taking in the October half term you'll be very lucky if you find any bargain rates and, as you've already seen, the 'prime dates' do book up quickly.

If your local ed authority hasn't published their dates for 2003 /4 yet, try asking the school directly as they may already know. Our DD's school had the dates a while ago, but the ed auth web site doesn't show them yet.

We've been in October and November so far and think it's a great time to go. Weather, crowds etc all good. Not too hot, or too wet and not only do you get all the halloween stuff, but after about the 20th you get the Food and Wine festival at Epcot. That's reason enough to go then, just on it's own :D

Hi

We went Oct/Nov in 2000 and we are going the same time this year and next.....it must be good.

We love MNSSHP, HHN and The Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT. We still swim and the weather is still great for shorts and T-shirts, the queues aren't bad either.

Kaylee:D

Hi Everyone
can anyone tell me what date in October is the food and wine festival.
thank's Jean

Hi Jean

This year the International Food and Wine Festival runs from Saturday, 19 October to Sunday, 17 November. I can't wait - I love this event.

thank's debbie, we've never been to the festival before, so really looking forward to it.
Jean:Pinkbounc

This is sounding better and better all the time. The Food and Wine Festival sounds fab - looks like I'll put on more weight than normal. Sounds like there's a few countries present in addition to the normal 'lands' - do they set out stalls right by the lagoon and is it an evening event or are there present throughout the day?
I'll be watching out for trip reposrts from those of you who are travelling this October.

Sue

The food stalls are around the lagoon and are there all day. I love munching my way around the world :D

Kaylee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter