What's good at Ruby Tuesdays?

I usually just get a burger with the salad bar or maybe one of the small steaks cooked rare (because then its really medium)

I haven't been in years, but I used to love their Chicken Stir Fry and their salad bar.

Just went this past weekend for the first time in years. DD had a coupon buy one entree get one 50% off.
We both got the NY strip steak w/fries and the salad bar. The steak was really good but I had to take it home because I filled up on the salad bar. Loved the way they had their cucumbers diced instead of sliced. Had a few things not normally on bars I have been to. Edamine (love that) and sugared walnuts, lol.
The fries were just ok but like I said I was full from the bar.
Their water didn't taste very good.

We stopped at the one in Fayetteville, NC a couple years back on the way down to the World and the shrimp and grits were very good.

I must have been really hungry, because we stopped by the one near our house on the way home from a Phillies game the year after that and it was just "meh".

(Of course, the drop in joy between "going to Disney" and "being a Phillies fan" is pretty steep.)

I like the exit door. Seriously, this place has gone from bad to worse over the past few years.
We went there once and were not at all impressed by the place. I don't know what vibe they are trying to give off, but what I got was "we are the Target to Friday's Wal-Mart, but are totally incompetent and none of our food is any good".

That's what I heard. Also heard they are in financial trouble.

The one that used to be near my house was good. They had good food, including the salad bar, but they were getting expensive. The one near me was on Glendale Avenue in my part of Toledo.

There are now no more Ruby Tuesdays in Toledo.

Went last night-actually, it was really good! DH got a burger & enjoyed it. I got a turkey avocado swiss burger & it was really good! Loved the salad bar & the kids meal was big enough for my kids to split. With a coupon, it was a really good deal. :)

I worked at one right after college (read 14 years ago!) . We always liked it but literally the best thing was the salad bar. I just remember that so much was precooked/frozen. Soups and Mac and cheese I remember being just microwaved before serving!
I also remember in the couple months I worked there that the menu was always changing and drastically.

My wife and I ate at one in the Orlando area in December. Can't remember what we had; it was OK but nothing special. It was about 3 pm and not busy at all. The most memorable part of the meal was overhearing the manager firing a server for stealing.

Dh & I just ate at Ruby Tuesday today. The salad bar is new, and was very good! They really tweaked it, added new items, and it met our requirements!! (liked the old one too - was just an equal substitute for 1 side.) They now charge $1.49 as a substitute for a side, but it was well worth it.

Dh had the bourbon salmon, and I had petite sirloin - both were good.

We went last night for our belated Valentine's dinner. We wish we'd chosen another place to eat. DH had the ribs and they were OK. He wasn't thrilled with his caesar salad or his rice pilaf. He thought they both tasted off and the rice wasn't traditional rice pilaf. It looked more like clumpy brown rice. My petite sirloin was supposed to be cooked medium rare. It came out on the very rare side of medium rare. I enjoyed the salad bar, but the Italian vinegarette had way too much lemon in it.

This Ruby Tuesday's used to be wonderful. The manager was too busy playing with the salad bar to find someone to seat us. We waited for 5 minutes for someone to greet us and seat us in a very lightly populated restaurant. Our server was overworked and only stopped by our table when he was bringing food or beverages to others.

We'll pass on Ruby Tuesday's unless invited by someone else. Too bad, because it used to be so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter