What would you do?

I actually think that I wouldn't stay the extra day. If you leave at night, get to the beach, everyone has a good night and then you can start the next leg of your vacation. You could do a lot with that $350 on the rest of the vacation. And in reality, swimming is swimming no matter where your kids are! I love Disney as much as the rest but I just don't think that it is worth it in your situation. Good luck in whatever you decide and have a wonderful trip :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

When in doubt, ADD!!

Here is how I look at it: I would hate to be looking around somewhere else on Saturday and say to myself "I could be riding XXXXX right now" and know that you opted out.

Rather be at Disney than be with regret.

At the same time, user be warned: Longer trips aren't always better. We did a 9 night/10 day trip on our first go-round, and we were so beat up at the end of it, my kids were looking forward to going home. We didn't go commando, we went slow and easy, and we were still exhausted. Some people say they feel beat up no matter how long or short their trip is though, so maybe it's not a function of time as much as it is the Disney way.

This year I kept our trip down to 7 nights, as tempting as it was to keep adding, I forced myself to do a tad shorter and see how that feels.

Great points! This is why I love this board!

You are so right!! We just got back from 3 days at Great Wolf Lodge, and we were tired from just 3 days..lol..it was busy:) Although, we were going to stay at 3rd night, but the hotel was full:(

9 nights/10 days is a lot, and is a very good amount of time to spend at Disney. I do know we won't get everything in on this 1st trip, but I'm fine with that! We will be back again in a few years.

I have only planned 5 days as "park days" We did end up getting Park Hoppers, and we got the Water Park and more option, so we also plan on doing a water park or 2 as well.

I want some "down days" to spend at the resort, swim, relax, enjoy AKL and the Poly. We also hope to do a minature golf, and DTD.

We are also doing MNSSHP and a Pirate Cruise.

It is a full agenda, but we are all very excited!!!

Thanks for your helpful advice:) :)

I actually think that I wouldn't stay the extra day. If you leave at night, get to the beach, everyone has a good night and then you can start the next leg of your vacation. You could do a lot with that $350 on the rest of the vacation. And in reality, swimming is swimming no matter where your kids are! I love Disney as much as the rest but I just don't think that it is worth it in your situation. Good luck in whatever you decide and have a wonderful trip :)

Thanks!

That was my thought initially, but then the more I thought the more ideas kept popping in my head. I need to stop thinking so much hence why I am now torn on whether to stay the Sat night as well.
I think planning so much so far in advance is really hard, harder then I realized!
You and everyone else have made some very valid points, and I have a decision to make.
:confused3

With all of these flight changes, aren't you incurring change fees that would add to your cost? Just curious.

With all of these flight changes, aren't you incurring change fees that would add to your cost? Just curious.

Nope, that's the beauty flying with Southwest. They don't charge you to make changes. I always try to fly Southwest if I can :)

I've never stayed at the Poly, but we find an excuse nearly every trip to eat breakfast or dinner there and spend extra time hanging out by the pool, etc. Even if money wasn't the issue, I find that having relaxing days at the resort are sometimes the best part of the trip. By spending that extra day, that would allow the extra time.

I'm right there with you! Same days and everything! Currently we are booked at YC the 19th-26th but flights are WAY cheaper if we fly out Friday night which would give us ALL of Saturday in Disney, then I also saw that flights for the 27th coming home are cheaper! Which would in turn add another day! We would do a split stay with AoA and YC(hopefully someone at BC cancels and we can move) The night of the 18th and 19th at AoA and 20th-27th at YC/BC. I just need to get the rest of my party on board! My mom is paying for me, DD and her and then it's my BFF and her mom, and another mom and daughter! We are getting APs so adding AoA only adds 313 to our overall cost for 2 more days!

I'm right there with you! Same days and everything! Currently we are booked at YC the 19th-26th but flights are WAY cheaper if we fly out Friday night which would give us ALL of Saturday in Disney, then I also saw that flights for the 27th coming home are cheaper! Which would in turn add another day! We would do a split stay with AoA and YC(hopefully someone at BC cancels and we can move) The night of the 18th and 19th at AoA and 20th-27th at YC/BC. I just need to get the rest of my party on board! My mom is paying for me, DD and her and then it's my BFF and her mom, and another mom and daughter! We are getting APs so adding AoA only adds 313 to our overall cost for 2 more days!

Wow! That's awesome!! I actually checked out the BC as well, but they were booked.
Sounds like you have a magical vacation planned, and maybe I will see you there!! (If I knew what you looked like..haha)
Thanks for your input! So much planning..never enough time....:)

I've never stayed at the Poly, but we find an excuse nearly every trip to eat breakfast or dinner there and spend extra time hanging out by the pool, etc. Even if money wasn't the issue, I find that having relaxing days at the resort are sometimes the best part of the trip. By spending that extra day, that would allow the extra time.

The Poly does look amazing! I have an ADR for breakfast and dinner as well:)
I actually have lots of "down days" We will be there for 10 days, with 5 park days planned. I plan on doing a park every other day, so that leaves us lots of resort time, relaxing and doing other fun things Disney has to offer!!!
I'm still on the fence for the added extra Sat night....:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter