What would you do?

alibeau

DIS Veteran
HI Guys :goodvibes

I haven't been around for a while as we had no trips in the pipeline :sad2:

We are now considering a trip back to WDW but we have some 'personal issues' :lmao: which have a bearing on the whole thing and I just wondered if you could give me your thoughts and perhaps experiences...

We were thinking of returning to WDW in either Feb or May 2010 but in the meantime we have decided that we would like to try for a third child :blush: and so we are now thinking of Dec 09 instead. I think the girls would LOVE WDW at Xmas princess:

We were always planning our next trip to be a relaxing one and so we would not be marching around the parks every day but having more pool time and some relaxed park visits. So my question is this.....

Have you ever booked a holiday whilst planning a new baby at the same time? Who knows how long it might take us, if it even happens at all?

As we are also now thinking we would go this December, if I were lucky enough to get PG quickly I would be in the early stages? I have never planned to travel whilst PG before and I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing :confused3

I just don't know what to do, should I put all holiday planning on hold and concentrate on one thing at a time? :confused3

To add to the confusion, I searched on VA for the 5th Dec to the 19th and have found that if I buy a few more miles we can all get to WDW in UC within my budget :yay: and the villa co we normally use also have availability - it's as though it's meant to be :rotfl:

Hope this isn't TMI for you all, I'm just sure that someone must have been in this position at some point??

Thanks and hope everyone is keeping well :goodvibes

Ali :goodvibes

i'm pregnant with twins at the moment and we went last month which was planned before we got pregnant! we are also going back in sept with the girls

I was ill in hospital before we went so I had to make sure we had insurance that would cover my multiple pregnancy so I would say if you book it make sure you get insurance straight away so that if you fall late and cant go you can get your money back

To be honest our trip was a life saver really as it gave me something to look forward to when i was in hospital and was what i needed to get out.

I was 24 weeks when we got back and I found it hard the last few days but I'm carry two so have 3 times the amount of blood going through me and normal. we flew virgin economy but had special assistance as I needed extra leg room and they were great

We saw loads of pregnant people out there and even people that looked like they were due to drop at anytime!

Personally I would go in December and put off trying for another baby till then, if you got pregnant now you would be in the very tiring, worrying stages of early pregnany in December and I dont think you would fully enjoy your holiday.

First of all Congratulations on both of your decisions! :)

You are right Christmas is a fantastic time to go and I'm sure that you and your family would love it, however, having been a few times at that time of year I can say that the crowds are HIGH, and I personally found it more tiring around the parks because you are caught up in so many long lines and crowds. Having said that though the extra magic there at that time of year makes it worthwhile.

I was 8 weeks pregnant when we did a long haul flight to Antigua and honestly if I were to choose again there is no way that I would want to be flying that early into a pregnancy, I was feeling rough! I needed the loo every 10 minutes on the plane and it made it very uncomfortable for me when the seat belt sign was on etc. Also the morning sickness was no walk in the park! My feet swelled up in the heat - and although historically temps are lower in Dec you can still have some very hot days.

I guess what I would say is if you have definatley decided to go in December then maybe delay trying for another baby until you return :confused3 ?

Blimey that all sounds a bit like a downer doesn't it, but I'm just trying to offer my experience this kind of situation, obviously everyone is different so you may cope better than me! :goodvibes

Good luck with what ever you decide!

p.s we will be there on the 4th Jan - if you are still there! :goodvibes

We saw loads of pregnant people out there and even people that looked like they were due to drop at anytime!

A customer of ours went last year when she had about 8 weeks to go and she had to hire a scooter as she couldn't walk round the parks! She had a great time but said it was very tiring though.

i was going to hire a scooter as well as carrying twins is hard work but I just took it easy and took regular breaks

I spent the scooter money on buying baby stuff so worked out well!!!

Thanks for your input guys :goodvibes

I know that the sensible thing would be to wait. I remember replying to you 'Orangetiggs' when you were considering your recent trip and I said I wouldn't go :lmao:

We have travelled with young babies before and that doesn't phase me in the slightest and so the sensible thing would be to wait. It was DH who came up with the suggestion of December last night!!! I was really miserable when PG with both girls due to feeling nauseous (sp?) and so I suppose I am sticking my head in the sand :lmao: but equally now that we have our girls (nearly 6 and 3) I am trying to be really positive about the whole pregnancy thing and so a holiday whilst PG is an attempt for me to stay positive and not turn into a miserable old boot :lmao:

I really don't want to postpone the baby thing, we have done this on previous occasions, neither of us are getting any younger and it's definately a case of now or never! I know Xmas is only a matter of weeks away but we can't postpone again. If I am not PG by Xmas then we could look to book something last minute perhaps?

Lots to think about......

Who knows what the future holds :confused3

Thanks again,

I was really miserable when PG with both girls due to feeling nauseous (sp?) and so I suppose I am sticking my head in the sand :lmao:

Well I suppose every pregnancy is different?? I was totallt different with DS to DD, and in a good way so you never know you may be fine.

I think the idea of waiting and booking a late deal sounds great, you can get some great deals if you are prepared to book everything yourself seperatley.

:goodvibes

I think the idea of waiting and booking a late deal sounds great, you can get some great deals if you are prepared to book everything yourself seperatley.

:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 thats what i would do as well, good luck with your baby plans xx

Thanks again for all your replies.

Had a good old chat with DH tonight and we are all agreed that we will see what happens with our 'baby plans' and we can always book a last minute trip to go in December if we feel we want to.

I think I get a bit hung up on getting the right villa etc etc when in truth there are hundreds of villas that we would be more than happy with. As for the deal with VA where I found I could use my points, well my points aren't going anywhere as I have a Virgin CC to keep my account active and I'm sure there will be another deal to be had at some point or other.....

So as I say, thanks again, it's nice to be able to compare notes on these things :goodvibes I appreciate your thoughts......

Go this December - who knows perhaps being on holiday will help you conceive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter