What would you do? Ride closures

DramaGeek

Earning My Ears
The refurbishment schedule just came out of our proposed dates and both Sinbad and Monsters Inc will be down. We do have the option to go a few days earlier so we would have a chance to ride these but we would miss out on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

It also means instead of doing 4 nights in Shinjuku and 3 in TDL we would be doing 1 in Shinjuku, 3 in TDL, 3 back in Shinjuku.

Are these rides worth working around?

Thanks for your insights!

IMO, none of those rides are "must do" but they're all very nice rides. All things being equal, I would recommend people ride Monsters Inc because it's popular and features a well known movie. However, I think it's more important to prioritize crowds and events/shows since 3 days isn't quite enough to do everything in both parks.

IMO, none of those rides are "must do" but they're all very nice rides. All things being equal, I would recommend people ride Monsters Inc because it's popular and features a well known movie. However, I think it's more important to prioritize crowds and events/shows since 3 days isn't quite enough to do everything in both parks.
Sorry to be clear - we are doing 4 days, 3 nights and crowd calendar looks about the same for both sets of dates :)

I would prefere to do Monsters Inc., I loooooove this ride :) ! Sinbad is also nice but not that awesoooome (lots of people adore it) for me, cute but 1 time per stay is sufficient for me. But Changdu is so kawaii haha :D!
I do not really like 20'000 leagues, I only did it once and am not in a hurry to do it again. So for me both Monsters Inc. and Sinbad are "better" than 20'000 leagues...

When we were there in November 20,000 Leagues was closed, so I don't have a true basis for comparison, but Monsters, Inc. was a favorite among everyone in our family of 4 and I really loved Sinbad (my kids and husband liked it, but not as much as I did). Based on that, I would shift to gain those two rides at the loss of 20,000 Leagues.

I absolutely agree with Monsters Inc. and Sinbad over 20,000 Leagues if you can make it work. I still find myself humming the Sinbad song every once and a while and we've been back home since the end of June! Monsters Inc. is also a great and fun ride that we enjoyed and rode several times. I think both Monsters Inc. and Sinbad would both be ranked higher on my personal list than 20,000 Leagues although it is still a solid ride.

Monsters Inc. and Sindbad are absolutely better than 20,000 Leagues. Missing those two attractions would be a travesty. I would reschedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter