What wireless routers do you all use?

Linksys.. have 2 laptops & 2 desktops with it & no problems....

Linksys here and we love it. I could not imagine unplugging and replugging the cord. That would be way too many trips up and down the stairs. My sister has a belkin and they used to have a lot of trouble with it staying connected. Come to realize it was her compaq laptop. She got a different laptop and now no problems. I have never had a problem using her belkin either when I go visit.

Angela

We also have a Linksys with Comcast cable connection. I installed it myself (extremely easy!) and we've had no issues with it at all. We have 2 laptops and a desktop hooked up to it.

Linksys too - connected to the modem in the guest room, and all three computers in the house are now wireless including the desktop. I love it!

Netgear WG602 vs. We have three laptops and two desktops. Very RARELY have to unplug it. :)

Well... I went out & bought the Linksys G w/Speed booster. I was able to get it up and running within a total of 15 minutes by myslelf (netgear took me 20 minutes by myself, then had to call Sprint, another 45 with Sprint. Sprint connected me to Netgear...then another 20 with them to finally work.. just to have it drop the connection within one hour after getting it runing).
We have had it going since 9:30pm last night & so far so good. The speed difference is unbelievable!!! The other was so slow, I was getting time out messages ontop of being kicked off! I will see how it is over the next few days. If it starts like Netgear did.. I will try the Belkin... Walmart had them for $20 less than the Linksys.. I figured I would try the Linksys since that is what Sprint sells, the guy that built my computer reccomended that one PLUS the box has a free trial of Norton's. I already have Norton's but was wondering if Norton's played into the problems from Netgear. I figured Linksys must be compatible with it since they give a free trial...
Thanks so much for all the replies..
from them I can see it will either be keeping the Linksys or going to Belkin.... by what the majority has said... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter