What were they thinking?? SILLY SIGNS!

CathyCanada

<font color=teal>The <b>Fluffy</b> Former Webmaste
Sign in downtown Detroit on the Fisher building door: "Caution: Automatic Door (push to operate)"
(this is automatic?)

Just outside Houston there are two signs about five feet apart:

State correctional facility, do not pick up hitch-hikers.
Adopt a highway litter control next mile: Boy Scout Den 102
:eek:

In Rice Lake, WI is a billboard on the side of a local road advertising for "The Butcher Shop". Right behind the sign...a graveyard.
(that's enough to make me a vegetarian)

Driving down the road, I noticed some scribblings on the dirty flatbed truck in front of me. Someone had drawn three arrows, Right, left, and down. The right arrow was pointing at the ditch on the side of the road, and read "El-crasho". The down arrow was pointed at the trucks bumper, and read "El-stopo". The left arrow was pointed at the oncoming lane, and read "el-passo". I had coffee coming out of my nose.
(El yuck-o!)

I was driving by a pet shop when I noticed a sign saying, 'All birds going cheap.'
(even the parrots?)

I was driving in the bay area and saw a sign for Continuum Street. Right above it there was a sign indicating the end of the street!!! It looked like this:

End
Continuum
:p

On a highway in New York, "Caution, state correctional facility ahead, do not pick up hitchhikers."
(especially those wearing orange jumpsuits)

I saw a sign yesterday that read "No Outlet", right under it was a tiny sign that said "one block ahead."

A sign outside a furniture store in northern Virginia states (in large letters)
"ANTIQUE Tables Made Here Daily."
:rolleyes:

On a trip to London, we visited a museum which had special facilities for disabled visitors. Many exhibits had small brass plates with Braille writing (you know, with raised dots so blind people can 'feel' the words). The translation underneath said, "PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THIS EXHIBIT."
LOL!

We were driving and saw a sign that said, "Loose 30 pounds in 1 month." Under the sign there was another sign that had the McDonalds arch with an arrow pointing to the way to McDonalds.
(That's what they want us to believe!)

In a small town in North Carolina there is a junk yard that has a huge sign on the front of the building that says, "Drive Reckless! It Helps Business!"
:smooth:

For the Stupid signs section: I have repeatedly seen the same banner on bus stop benches all over Sacramento, California. They read simply, "Learn to Read. Call xxx-xxxx"
LOL!

Billboard I saw on a hill down south: Tattoos done while you wait!
(and here I thought I could pick up my arm later :rolleyes:)

A local jewelry store in my town has a marquee out front that says, "We buy old boyfriends jewelry!"

A sign on the back shield of a car: DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT OR SHOULD I DRIVE BY AGAIN?

On the dirty back window of a Computer company van, some funny person had written with their finger in the dust www.washme.com.au.

Stupid Signs: I was driving by a KFC and on their marquee it said: "Now Hiring: 2 Chickens for $5.99."

I used to work at a residence for developmentally disabled adults called "Opengate."There was a sign on their gate that read: "Gate must remain closed at all times."
:)

On the way to my sisters house in a small Minnesota town is a building with a big sign on the front door that says "STRIP-N-SHOP." It makes me laugh out loud every time I drive by. Turns out it is a furniture refinishing business.

As I was driving down the Strip in Las Vegas I noticed a sign on a small run-down motel:
"This motel highly recommended by owner."

There is a road sign near Cape Cod, Massachusetts that declares:
"CAUTION - WATER ON ROAD DURING RAIN"
(Alex is this near to where you live?)

On a sign at an Indiana college: "Keep Door Close."
(I'm not saying a word! :p)

In a small town next to where I live, there is a Presbyterian Church with a sign that reads,: "Come join us for Sun. worship!"
(Ra, Ra!)

I saw a sign in Kansas just off the highway that read: "WHAM for kids, a child abuse foundation."
(Couldn't they have found a better acronym than that???)

Rounding the drive-thru at a local fast food place I noticed a sign on the wooden gates around the dumpsters. It read: "OPENS FROM INSIDE"

There is a mini-mall in San Jose CA. It has a small pharmacy and a seamstress shop located in the mall. The sign out front says: "Lee's Drugs -- Unlimited Alterations"

In the sporting goods department of the Wal-Mart I work at there is a display with a back to school sign. Under the sign are boxes of rifle shells.
(that's just sick!)

On the front of a catholic elementary school
Jesus is coming!
No bingo Sunday
(ROFL!!)

There is a sign at a small country cemetery near my home that is a little slanted and pointing down toward the ground and it says "ONE WAY."
(People are dying to get in there!)

In Ocean Springs, MS, there is a sign that reads "speed limit 25mph unless otherwise posted." Right below it, another sign reads, "Speed limit 30 mph."
(eenie, meenie, miny, mo...)

Sign: "Fire wood for sale to go."

This was seen several years ago, also from the Atlanta Vasectomy Clinic, and was in reference to the Atlanta Braves baseball team... "Atlanta Vasectomy Clinic, Atlanta's best Chop Shop!"
(Do I even have to comment on this one?) ;)

ROFLMBO
Can you imagine trying to interpret some of these.

Too funny! :) My favorite is the one about Jesus coming and no bingo on Sunday! :)

There is a local septic guy who has on his truck - You keep going and we'll keep coming!

A local nursery had the sign - Our manure is a come from behind winner!

I love funny signs! :)

Jill

There's a local miniblind and shades company here in town that on the back of their trucks it says in big letters:

BLIND MAN DRIVING!!!

Say what?!?!?:earseek:

HaHa...too funny.

One of the best ones I have personally seen was on a sign for an Ace Hardware store in FL. It said:

Hookers on sale aisle 5

This a brochure rather than a sign but it kills me everytime I see it...

"When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigour."

from a Tokyo car rental brochure

LOL- too funny!

My favorite ever was on a local hotel's sign, which read "New owners- Come sleep with us!" :eek:

I was driving down the road once and saw a sign outside a park/recreational vehicle stop. It said "Strange Family Park." I wonder how strange your family had to be to go there.

Love your additions!!

I remember a small town we used to go through on our way up north for vacations. There was a sign that read "Best Burgers in Town" and right below "Worms for Sale". :)

CC

my favorite sign of all time is in Wisconsin. it says something like: do not pass when oncoming traffic present.

i about died laughing when i saw that sign. we were on some little highway but it was in the mountains/hills. there were only 2 lanes. i thought it was common sense that you didnt pass if there was a car coming at you in the other lane.

I saw this sign two weeks ago on the outskirts of Louisville, Kentucky!!:D

Our local Giant Eagle video store is where we rent most of our dvds. On the inside of each dvd case, they have a sticker that says "Be Kind, Rewind." Not only do they have them on the dvds, but they're also on the video games.

VelvetGloves

There are two here in town that come to mind:

There is actually a street named :ELECTRIC AVENUE, just below the street sign is another: NO OUTLET...it's a dead-end

OUR septic guys' trucks: Call us before your neighbors get wind of your problem

Septic guys.... around here... " A flush is better than a full house!"
Full house of what, I'm not sure if I want to know.

Church.. Sign Broken, come inside for message

Hairstylist... "Hairdressers tease it up!".. Ok, I admit it that was my aunts sign for a while.. she is a hairdresser

Dessert store... Stressed spelled backwards is desserts

This is at a place called Tattoo Charlies. I've always thought that was hilarious.

When my husband and I were staying at a B&B Castle in Ohio we went exploring in the Hocking Hills. Coming down a steep hill there was a caution sign with a wheelchair on it going down a hill. Below it read 25MPH. This struck my as very funny for some reason. I had to ask if the speed limit was for wheelchairs. Then pictured all of the speed demon wheelchairs. (no offense to anyone in a chair)

Up a little north of here is a gas station and a little diner. On the sign outside it says
EAT HERE
GET GAS

:eek:

Originally posted by WebmasterCathyCanada

On a highway in New York, "Caution, state correctional facility ahead, do not pick up hitchhikers."
(especially those wearing orange jumpsuits)

LOL! We passed this one last year on our trip to Niagara! We all thought it was the funniest thing we had ever seen! We've wished ever since that we had taken a picture of it!

Here are a couple that I've seen in my neck of the woods:

A Taco Bell sign said Now Hiring: Closers. Unfortunately, the C fell off and a for about a week the sign read "Now Hiring: losers"

On a highway near a revolutionary war era fort: State Historical Site Ahead --a small sign below said Under Construction.

rain.jpg

There is a town on the way to Phoenix named Wickenburg,AZ. There is a bridge you cross over a dry river bed.A sign on the bridge reads: " No Fishing From Bridge" Someday,we will have to stop and take a pic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter