What was the renewal price for the Disney Sorcerer pass when it came out?

Right. I paid $764 to renew. But i figured out a way to beat Chapek at his own game. I simply bought a place last month in Orlando and will get a Forida pass . haha In you face.
Welcome to Florida… but I’m not sure how that is beating Chapeck at his own game.

Regardless, if you want to live in Orlando, Welcome.
(disclaimer: I lived in Orlando for 4 1/2 years, but moved to another part of Florida.)

@Avery&Todd, I renewed my AP today, from DVC Gold to DVC Sorcerer, and added on the PhotoPass downloads, which I thought was $99. The ticket, including PhotoPass, was $848, and tax brought it to $903.12. As above, the AP alone without PP would have been $764, or $813.66 with tax. So the PP add-on was only $84, or $89.46 including tax - a 10% discount on the PP. That was nice! Next month we'll renew DH's AP, but we won't include the PP downloads on his.

RENEWAL options are the full price minus 15% rounded off. Then tax is 6.5%. It's been this way for many years. Just mentioning this in case anyone else is trying to calculate the renewal price. (I should make a basic web site or something for this... :idea:)

For example, the above example renewing sorcerer with photos:

899 - 15% = 764.15, round to 764
99 - 15% = 84.15, round to 84

764 + 84 = 848 * 1.065 = 903.12

trying to decide whether to go to Disney next June for 1 or 2 weeks.

$640 for a 10 day PH, vs $813 renewal sorcerer. I’m leaning twrds the UCT PH’s bc we don’t always go into the parks anyway every day. That extra $173 would be 10 lightening lane rides :) so that our experience is “enriched”.

Just said that I’m probably giving up our AP’s bc we can’t plan so far in advance.

Last edited:
trying to decide whether to go to Disney next June for 1 or 2 weeks.

$640 for a 10 day PH, vs $813 renewal sorcerer. I’m leaning twrds the UCT PH’s bc we don’t always go into the parks anyway every day. That extra $173 would be 10 lightening lane rides :) so that our experience is “enriched”.

Just said that I’m probably giving up our AP’s bc we can’t plan so far in advance.
If you went for two weeks, what would you do on the off days? You could always go full days and then you'll need the day off to sleep in and be lazy.

We have a trip coming up in a few months. I ran the same math as you. So now I have an AP , DH will be using some tickets we got from disney issues and we plan to take off every three days. Health won't allow us to run that much on park days anyway. On the off days, I still plan to run into a park alone if only for fireworks or Christmas lights. That's the joy of an AP, you're not "wasting" a day for a couple of hours.

I booked all four on the first day available a few weeks ago. It was $$ painful, however we are good until Halloween 2023. I don't trust Disney and their sudden, mostly negative (to us anyway) changes.

:rolleyes1

On the off days, I still plan to run into a park alone if only for fireworks or Christmas lights. That's the joy of an AP, you're not "wasting" a day for a couple of hours.

That is my feelings too. With tickets, I’d want to make full use of them, staying in the parks maybe all day. With an AP, I feel free to go in for a hour or two, and even sometimes skipping parks altogether, knowing I can go later if I change my mind. Now, my only problem is that for 2024, we have no plans to go to WDW (AP good until September 2023). Do we renew or hope they start selling new APs by the time we come back.

That is my feelings too. With tickets, I’d want to make full use of them, staying in the parks maybe all day. With an AP, I feel free to go in for a hour or two, and even sometimes skipping parks altogether, knowing I can go later if I change my mind. Now, my only problem is that for 2024, we have no plans to go to WDW (AP good until September 2023). Do we renew or hope they start selling new APs by the time we come back.

I think that probably the really tough decision for people to have to make right.now.

My DD and her BF have decided to renew and force themselves to schedule at least one trip out of them next year, but feel letting them go would hurt them long term.

When you have a family it can be harder choice because it is a lot.

They will most likely come back. The question is what will they actually look like and how much will they be.

I think that probably the really tough decision for people to have to make right.now.

My DD and her BF have decided to renew and force themselves to schedule at least one trip out of them next year, but feel letting them go would hurt them long term.

When you have a family it can be harder choice because it is a lot.

They will most likely come back. The question is what will they actually look like and how much will they be.
Even if they come back everyone with current AP’s will be required to get the new iteration of the AP, I’m assuming?

We really don’t want to buy AP’s for 4 ppl not knowing our future plans. :(

When deciding whether or not to renew your annual pass, do not forget to add in the price of regret. If you do not renew, and AP are not offered again for several years, what is your regret. For instance, I first heard about DVC in the early 1990's. Yet, my wife and I kept putting off purchasing until 2009. After we bought in, we regretted not having purchased sooner as we had taken family vacation to WDW at least once a year from 1992 thru 2009. Will you have the same regret if AP's not renewed and you cannot purchase in the future? This is the problem many people are going to have to make.

Last edited:
Even if they come back everyone with current AP’s will be required to get the new iteration of the AP, I’m assuming?

We really don’t want to buy AP’s for 4 ppl not knowing our future plans. :(

If it works the same way as it did when they went from Gold to Sorcerer, then when you renew, you get the new pass.

One recent change…since summer…is that they don’t give vouchers when you renew…you get an actual pass that shows the dates it will kick in when your old pass expires.

So, my DDs BF had his new pass show Oct 12, 2022 to Oct 12, 2023. That means he doesn’t need to stop at GR next year when they go.

I got a renewal voucher in May and it’s valid one year from the date of the voucher, even though I won’t be turning it in unto next January.

At this point, it means we won’t have what occurred before…people buying renewals that are valid for years

I just tried to renew my sorcerers pass with photo pass (dvc discounted due 9/20) and received a message saying that the sorcerers pass with photo is now longer being sold. It will only allow me to select incredibly pass with no photo pass. The photo pass is $99 extra. I like the idea of no blackout days but cost is a lot higher than anticipated. Has anyone else had this happen? I used to have the platinum then they downgraded me to sorcerers pass but threw in photo pass. Now I have to go to incredi pass with no photo option???

You have to call MS to renew your pass. You CANNOT renew a Sorcerers Pass online.

I booked all four on the first day available a few weeks ago. It was $$ painful,
I feel ur pain. For many years had all our MCO APs staggered to avoid a huge hit in same month.

Re newest APs, I’ve been renewing them all as soon as eligible

Call it a fear of the known… due to the inevitable price increase/change in type of tix restrictions/& usage available dates/TBD.

That means he doesn’t need to stop at GR next year when they go.

Anything to skip yet another line!

The photo pass is $99 extra.
That’s the price I was quoted at GS 5 weeks ago. Didn’t pick it up, kicking myself.

Since the earliest Family’s AP is February ‘22; guess I’ll just wait & add it onto mine

Last edited:
That’s the price I was quoted at GS 5 weeks ago. Didn’t pick it up, kicking myself.

Since the earliest Family’s AP is February ‘22; guess I’ll just wait & add it onto mine
If you include the PhotoPass Downloads option with the renewal of a Sorcerer pass, it's only $84 pretax, $89.46 including tax. So the Sorcerer renewal with PhotoPass Downloads is $903.12 including tax, and without the PhotoPass Downloads it's $813.66 after tax.

facebook twitter