What was the longest trip you took when your children were still living with you without your children?

A few weekends away. There were times we only traveled with *some* of the kids though and left others at home. We did one trip to Disney (10 day total travel time) where we took our 12 & 14 yo's with us but left the 1 & 2 yo's home with Grandma. Four years ago we helped our youngest son move about 1500 miles away. Our then 14 & 18 yo's stayed home. DH & I were gone 7 days.

Australia. I was there for 4 weeks but my husband was only visiting for 1. Kids stayed w/ grandparents

A week every 3-4 years. We are lucky that my sister is a respiratory therapist and can work time off into her schedule without taking vacation days.

7 - 8 days I think. But while my daughters were living with me they were adults.

When they were under the age of 21 the answer would be that I never took a trip without them.

We took regular trips on our own during DS's childhood; keeping "us" strong and intimate as a couple was among our family priorities. We usually tried to time them for when he was away at summer camp. The longest one was 7 days.

I think 6 nights leaving all of them, several weekends trips, but they’ve all been left behind with the grandparents, sometimes we chose to leave the diapered ones behind. My parents lived in town and literally saw the kids daily, all of them had beds at the grandparents.

6 days. They were 3 and 9 months. They stayed with a very close friend of ours who worked at the daycare they went to. After that only a couple days here and there, bc as someone else previously said, it's important for us to have "us" time everynow and then. It's been a few years since that happened tho as we don't really have anyone to watch them anymore.

my son has autism and every trip with him is the longest ever! 🤣 He usually is fine once we get there but the uncertainty involved with travelling drives him nuts and makes him miserable to fly/drive with. I wish someone would invent a teleporter for the neurodivergent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter