What was Chef Mickey's before it was Chef Mickey's?

heatherandnick

DIS Veteran
From when I was a kid (80s-90s), I remember eating at the CR in a great place. I remember greenery/plants and sitting in sort of a gazebo. I don't even think it had characters, but maybe.
Just wondering what this place was because I remember it much differently than what i saw at CM a couple years ago.

back in the late 70's and maybe into the 80's there were two restaraunts, The Pueblo Room and the Terrace Cafe. Not sure which was Chef Mickey's.

back in the late 70's and maybe into the 80's there were two restaraunts, The Pueblo Room and the Terrace Cafe. Not sure which was Chef Mickey's.

I seem to remember it was a buffeteria. I think Crystal Palace used to be a buffeteria, as well. Disney loved those buffeterias back then. :laughing:

It was also named Contemporary Cafe, Terrace Buffeteria, and Grand Canyon Terrace

I don't remember what was there but Chef Mickey's in the 80's was at Downtown disney. My kids loved to eat at Chef Mickeys.

It was also named Contemporary Cafe, Terrace Buffeteria, and Grand Canyon Terrace

I remember taking our 2 DDs for their first character breakfast there waaaay back in 1983. IIRC it was then called the Grand Canyon Terrace. And yes, Chef Mickeys was in what was then called Disney World Village (Marketplace?)

I don't remember what was there but Chef Mickey's in the 80's was at Downtown disney. My kids loved to eat at Chef Mickeys.

We loved it. it was the first place DH & I ever ate at together. Great Food & views.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter