What was best total splurge money you ever spent?

Now that football season has started, I was thinking how a couple of years ago when I bought our family four tickets to the Auburn Alabama game and we got to see Auburn run the ball back from the end zone with one second on the clock to win the game....was the best total splurge money we had ever spent! And each ticket was incredibly expensive, like $400! But to see that game in person, wow! That game ending has been spoken of as one of the most sensational moments in sports history. And we were there. Best spent splurge ever!

You?

Wow, I guess I should stop complaining about the $50 each I paid for NFL Pre-season tickets! I didn't realize they even charged for college football games. But I always went to my college games and students were free.

First thing that came to mind was our TemperPedic mattress. Oh how I WISH I had had it when I was pregnant with my twins!

This is great! I'm so happy seeing all the fun things folks are getting with their hard earned money!

I've splurged several times on very expensive meals that were all totally worth it. The most recent was at the James Beard House in New York. Two thumbs up.

Wow, I guess I should stop complaining about the $50 each I paid for NFL Pre-season tickets! I didn't realize they even charged for college football games. But I always went to my college games and students were free.

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!! DH and I had to make a sizeable one time "donation" to our alma mater, just for the right to get on a WAITLIST for season tickets. Now we're holders, so we ONLY have to shell out about $900 per season. Even when I was a student, season tickets were $150-$250 for the "everybody stands on their seats for 5 hours straight" student section tickets.

DH and I had to make a sizeable one time "donation" to our alma mater, just for the right to get on a WAITLIST for season tickets. Now we're holders, so we ONLY have to shell out about $900 per season. Even when I was a student, season tickets were $150-$250 for the "everybody stands on their seats for 5 hours straight" student section tickets.

That's how it works for our college hockey tickets. We mad "donations" for a few years in a row before we were able to purchase season tickets. We now spend about $2000/season. We've had them for about 5 years now, totally worth it but definitely a splurge.

Other then our hockey tickets, we also splurged on our DVC points.

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!! DH and I had to make a sizeable one time "donation" to our alma mater, just for the right to get on a WAITLIST for season tickets. Now we're holders, so we ONLY have to shell out about $900 per season. Even when I was a student, season tickets were $150-$250 for the "everybody stands on their seats for 5 hours straight" student section tickets.

Well, my college eliminated football in 1995 AND finally this year torn down the stadium. Never did very well. So you get what you pay for. Although the program made money. Amazing how many little old ladies love football and will donate $50,000 to the program.

Many years ago, I had an overwhelming urge to attend a John Denver concert in a city 3.5 hours away. I had seen him several times before (yes, I was a huge fan). It was a Christmas concert and he wasn't coming any closer and we were so poor at the time... but I went anyway. By myself. In a snowstorm. Booked the hotel and they upgraded me to a huge suite (totally unexpected!). My DD was just a baby and I'd never been apart from her before.

I got myself to from the hotel to the concert via the hotel shuttle and sat third row center. It was an amazing show. Afterwards. I was to call the hotel to have them come pick me up so I sat in my seat while everyone else left. I felt a tap on my shoulder and a gentleman said, "Do you want to meet Mr. Denver?" Next thing I know I have a backstage pass and I'm being ushered into a meet & greet. He was so kind to me, so gracious. He asked some other fans to take our picture and stood there and made sure that they got my address and promised to send me the photos. He gave me a card and told me to bring my DD with me to the concert the next year and he'd make sure we both got to go backstage.

John died before the next Christmas. Never was I so happy that I "splurged" when I really couldn't afford to. That was an evening I will never forget.

The photo of the two of us didn't show up until about 6 months after John's passing. But what a great surprise. :lovestruc

My carport! So nice not to have to shovel the car off in our brutal Ohio winters!

TC :cool1:

Wow- Barb great story!!

Our $150 each tickets to see Paul McCartney was a splurge- seriously never saw an Entertainer NEVER take a break before- he was amazing

And we splurged on the Four Sradons because we could walk to concert in Houston- and Paul was staying there too!!! You should have seen All us walkers start RUNNING when we saw his entourage of vehicles zooming towards our hotel

October 18, 2008.
It was a Saturday night.
New Orleans Superdome.
New Kids on the Block reunion tour.
I waited 15 years for this. So I purchased the VIP package. Met the boys, enjoyed a cocktail party.
Got our tickets. 2nd row, front and center.
Best night of my life. Actually had Joey sweat on me by the end of the night.
Best $400 I ever spent.

Probably the four bags of the new trial flavors of Lay's potato chips we bought last week.

I saw the biscuit and gravy flavor at the store the other day and just couldn't get myself to buy them. I like biscuits and gravy, but the potato chip part just can't be worked out in my head. I'm not sure I can work it out in my head well enough to just try them.

Many years ago, I had an overwhelming urge to attend a John Denver concert in a city 3.5 hours away. I had seen him several times before (yes, I was a huge fan). It was a Christmas concert and he wasn't coming any closer and we were so poor at the time... but I went anyway. By myself. In a snowstorm. Booked the hotel and they upgraded me to a huge suite (totally unexpected!). My DD was just a baby and I'd never been apart from her before.

I got myself to from the hotel to the concert via the hotel shuttle and sat third row center. It was an amazing show. Afterwards. I was to call the hotel to have them come pick me up so I sat in my seat while everyone else left. I felt a tap on my shoulder and a gentleman said, "Do you want to meet Mr. Denver?" Next thing I know I have a backstage pass and I'm being ushered into a meet & greet. He was so kind to me, so gracious. He asked some other fans to take our picture and stood there and made sure that they got my address and promised to send me the photos. He gave me a card and told me to bring my DD with me to the concert the next year and he'd make sure we both got to go backstage.

John died before the next Christmas. Never was I so happy that I "splurged" when I really couldn't afford to. That was an evening I will never forget.

The photo of the two of us didn't show up until about 6 months after John's passing. But what a great surprise. :lovestruc
Nice story, we go to Monterey. They have a plaque at the site where his plane went down. Was just there this morning.

I saw the biscuit and gravy flavor at the store the other day and just couldn't get myself to buy them. I like biscuits and gravy, but the potato chip part just can't be worked out in my head. I'm not sure I can work it out in my head well enough to just try them.

The Biscuits and Gravy are actually the best of the four. They are tasty!

Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts. Yum !

Extra points if you get the wine pairing. ;) I'd still like to go back and do the Chef's Table once.

Two other "splurges" come to mind:

Celebrity cruise in a sky suite w/butler to Alaska for our honeymoon on 9/9/99.

Tickets to Barbra Streisand's 1st "Farewell Tour" at the Palace in Auburn Hills, MI.

I've splurged several times on very expensive meals that were all totally worth it. The most recent was at the James Beard House in New York. Two thumbs up.

Just head a few miles down the street where you can get free EMU tickets. Similar to UM, no? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter