What to wear?

PoohFan2004

Earning My Ears
A couple questions about what to wear...

I'm the type of person who is usually cold. When we go to a restaurant during the summer, I always bring a sweater with me in case the air-conditioning is too cold. What is the air-conditioning like in the restaurants on the ship? If I wear a tank top or sleeveless dress, would I be too cold? We are going on a 7-night Western cruise in May.

Also, I know they have the Mexicali... theme for one night. What do people usually wear for that?

I always bring some sort of wrap or sweater to dinner if I'm wearing something sleeveless. The air conditioning works very well in the restaurants on board! :sunny:

You'd think after two cruises I'd remember if it was cold..hot. Maybe it's a good sign, as I think it was 'comfortable'. I don't remember ever feeling cool, since the dining rooms are usually full. Some women bring/wear shawls just in case.

Mexicali night is a blast! I wondered the same 'what shall I wear?' It didn't occur to me until I spoke w/Disney CL ressies that the 'tropical/mexicali' theme parties are held the night after the ship leaves whichever port, so people can buy the 'fun clothes' to wear to the party that night if they wish, that day. In other words,when you're in Cozumel, you might wish to buy a 'mexican' dress (very pretty and inexpensive from street vendors). Or if you'll be in St. Maarten, you might buy a caribbean or tropical dress. Of course, this is all in fun! Wear whatever you wish. It will be one of the FUNNEST nights on board.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the advice. I'm not much of a shopper, but when I travel, I do like to buy things unique to remember my trip. This will give me a good excuse to buy something fun to wear!::yes::

I think with the temperature in the dining rooms, I'll just play it safe and have a light sweater with me just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter