What to wear on a late Jan/early Feb cruise

lisareneeo

DIS Veteran
Do you wear or pack different things for your cruise according to the season you are traveling?
I am going on the Dream Jan30th....and where we live (MD) it is cold! It is hard for me to think of what to pack.
Normally, we travel to Florida in Oct/Nov and I feel like I can take summer dresses/outfits for a cruise. But never in Jan....help.
I was planning on nice capris and nice tops but with what kind of shoes?
I am taking sweaters, because my dressy tops are sleeveless.
We are strictly cruising....no theme parks (well maybe just for 1 day prior but I am not worried about attire for that.

I guess I am over analyzing this....sorry

Several years ago we did a Disney cruise in January and we are going this year in February. In Orlando the weather was cold some days and hot others. It was really strange to be at the waterparks one day and the next to be in sweatshirts freezing. We had warm weather for the cruise and we wore bathing suits and shorts the whole trip. The water in the Bahamas was a bit chilly, but it didn't stop us from swimming. We leave this time on February 5 and I am going to pack summer stuff that I can layer if needed. I will pack 1 sweatshirt and a sweater this time. The ones at Disneyworld last time cost a pretty penny! I will also pack jeans and capri pants. It is hard because you don't want to pack a bunch of unecessary stuff, but you just don't know what the weather will be. My suggestion would be to pack for warmer weather, but have a few things ready in case of a cold spell. Have fun on your cruise!

We will be on the same cruise and Im obsessing over the weather in the Bahamas. This week its mid to high 70's and low to mid 60s at night, the surface water temp is 73 so I think thats pretty close to the actual.
We flying out of BWI the day of so were pretty close and were just ready to get away from this cold and snow to.

Hi, we're on the same cruise too. I'm going to guess based on the average temperatures that we'll definitely need sweaters at night and maybe sometimes during the day given highs around 70. I agree with the whole layering thing. Light sweaters, at least one pair of jeans and then hope for the best!
:worship:

... with the wind, but the staff will bring out big blankets to wrap up in when you are sitting out:thumbsup2

im on the same cruise, wondering the same thing. Im thinking my plan of attack will be Tshirts and capris, with a tank or two and a pair of jeans. Im also bringing a zip up hoodie to layer over things- old navy typically has them for 10 bucks :)

January weather in FL has been colder than normal the past few years. People on the Dec. 12-16 DIS Podcast cruise froze on their Bahamas cruise! If it's cold in Florida, it won't be a whole lot warmer on your Bahamas cruise, so pack accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter