What to use under a baby high chair?

maslex

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I've been out of the baby/toddler age for quite some time now. But my son is now dating a girl with a 2yr old. We have a portable high chair that goes on the kitchen chair and my son keeps putting paper towels underneath it to keep the food that the baby throws on the ground "all together" as he puts it. LOL I remember years ago, they use to sell a washable mat to put under the high chair, didn't they or am I just imagining it?

What do people use under the chair nowadays? Or should I just put like a beach towel down? LOL

Ok, so I've been out of the baby/toddler age for quite some time now. But my son is now dating a girl with a 2yr old. We have a portable high chair that goes on the kitchen chair and my son keeps putting paper towels underneath it to keep the food that the baby throws on the ground "all together" as he puts it. LOL I remember years ago, they use to sell a washable mat to put under the high chair, didn't they or am I just imagining it?

What do people use under the chair nowadays? Or should I just put like a beach towel down? LOL

If you are okay with it just put a beach towel down. I'm pretty sure we put nothing down and just sweep/wet jet around the high chair after dinner. If the kid is really that messy at 2 then hopefully mom is working on teaching them not to throw food. I haven't seen my nephew get things too dirty and he is 2 but he has a bib that catches food that falls off his fork or out of his mouth so much less makes it to the floor. He also knows that throwing food isn't an option so I think he is past the needing something under him stage.

I have a 21-month-old and we use an old bedsheet that can be shaken and washed. My MIL says she used old newspapers that she just rolled up and threw away.

If you are okay with it just put a beach towel down. I'm pretty sure we put nothing down and just sweep/wet jet around the high chair after dinner. If the kid is really that messy at 2 then hopefully mom is working on teaching them not to throw food. I haven't seen my nephew get things too dirty and he is 2 but he has a bib that catches food that falls off his fork or out of his mouth so much less makes it to the floor. He also knows that throwing food isn't an option so I think he is past the needing something under him stage.

Yeah, I don't think we used anything when the boys were that age. But I do know that at home, he knows that there's a big ole yellow lab that picks up after him, so he doesn't realize that we don't have a dog. We're working on him and he really doesn't make that much of a mess, but I thought it would be nice to have something to put under to ease on the cleaning afterwards, instead of my son putting a ton of paper towels underneath him.

Thanks!

Used a dog with the first two kids, just cleaned up any mess myself with the other three, I didn't know anyone who put something underneath.

Just the floor. I just swept and mopped after meals.

I just put an old plastic table cloth down, folded it up took it outside and shook it out and put back down for the next meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter