What to switch resorts - which one CBR or CSR?

nicki.momof3

Addicted to Disney Vacations
So this is the back ground. My husband just started a new job so he is not eligible for any vacation time for a year. I am a teacher so my travel time is limited to Easter week, X-mas and Summer and we hate FL in the summer.

So earlier this year I planned a 9 night trip to WDW for ME, DH, DS 8, DS7, DD5 for Dec. 16-25, 2010. It was to be our 4th trip in 3 years. So we know the place well and I am comfortable going without him. We have free dining on our package:goodvibes.

In the past we have always stayed at POR because it is the only moderate that sleeps 5. I have no desire to stay at a value and deluxes are to expensive. We love POR.

Now that my husband is not going I am thinking about trying a different moderate resort that we could never stay at in the past because we were a family of 5.

These whats important to me in selecting a resort: We are looking at either CBR or CSR.

1. I will be traveling with 3 kids alone so I do not want to have to walk a mile to get a bus - a reasonable walk is fine but 3 tired kids at night by myself would be tough.

2. We will be booking a standard room - no pirate theme - I want to keep the price the same as 4 people at POR.

3. At POR we really enjoy the small pools. When I travel alone with the kids it is easier to have a smaller pool rather than a large pool - to hard to watch 3 kids at once. I would like a small pool closer to the room - I know at POR all the rooms are reasonalble close to a small pool.

4. Good food court - we are on the dining plan so we want a nice one. I know POR has a great one.

Which would you pick for us - CBR or CSR and why.

Thanks everyone for your help.

The only moderate we have stayed in is the CBR. Both the CSR and the CBR are large resorts and have multiple bus stops.

At the CBR, you'll never have to walk a long way to get to or from a bus stop as there are stops at each resort village. The bus service to and from the theme parks has been great during all five of our stays there. Yes, you have to make stops at each resort village bus stop before leaving the resort but, honestly, it doesn't take that long to make the loop.

The longest walk we have had from our room (non preferred) was about 5 minutes. The walks around the resort are pleasant and the atmosphere of the entire resort is great.

We have never had any bad meal at the food court. You'll find the typical pizza and burgers but you'll also find fresh tossed salads, hot and cold deli sandwiches and rotissiere meats.

The main pool was recently redone and is now zero entry and has two slides. There are also quiet pools, laundry facilities and beaches in each resort village. We swam in the main pool but found the quiet pools to be just that...nice and quiet.

Thanks for the great feedback on CBR:goodvibes

Anyone have any feedback in reference to CSR?

Thanks for the great feedback on CBR:goodvibes

Anyone have any feedback in reference to CSR?

You're welcome. I have pics of the CBR in both of my trip reports with the most recent being in the "who knew choking..." report. Just click on one of the links to have a look around.

I have stayed at CBR and CSR. I prefer CSR over CBR and that REALLY surprised me! We had a small quiet pool outside our room, we were pretty close to the Food Court (I wanna say we were in the Cabanas building). We were steps away from the bus stop, which was GREAT at the end of a long day of walking. What I loved most though was the Queen Size Bed! I have a queen at home and I have it all to myself, so sharing a double with a friend is not easy. I think the themeing at CBR is more fun, but I found CSR much more relaxing. I liked the theme pool at CSR better too.

I personally prefer CBR over CSR. I just do not care how CSR has the Pepper Market set up and like the food options at CBR much more. I prefer the atmosphere, landscaping and colors at CBR. I feel CBR is easier to get around than CSR and much prefer all of the pool options at CBR.

We have stayed at both and absolutely love CBR. We probably wouldn't go back to CSR for several reasons.

We've never had more than a 5 minute walk to get to anything at CBR and have stayed in a standard room each time. The grounds are very beautiful & lush and we love the white sand beaches and hammocks and views of IllumiNations. :cloud9: The food court is great with lots of choices, even if you have picky eaters like I do! The buses are great and the CM's are wonderful. And the pools/slides are the best! :thumbsup2 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2074555

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter