What to pack ? ?

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
We're doing the 3 night cruise in October. Anything we shouldn't forget to pack? We've got two kids (8 and 4).

As far as dinner, what is the dress like? This is our first cruise, so we really don't know what to expect.

Hi--we did the 3 night last October as well! It was so fun--you're going to have a great time!

Tritons night: semi formal

I wore a short black dress, my DD5 wore a dress, husband wore a suit and tie(if you don't like that, you could just wear a jacket), and DS9 wore khakis and a blazer.

AP: resort casual

I wore a sleeveless linen dress, DD5 wore a dress (she always wears a dress, lol), DH wore khakis and a button down shirt, DS9 khakis and a button down.

PC: resort casual

I wore capris and a sleeveless sweater, DD5 wore a dress (lol), DH wore khakis and a golf shirt, DS wore khakis and a golf shirt.

It was very warm at that time of year; we wore shorts every day and it was easy to swim (the water was a bit chilly). You might bring a light sweater, esp. for dinner or the theater, but even at night we could be in shorts on the deck.

I would urge you to bring a carry-on type piece of luggage that is empty that you can put stuff you buy in when you leave; we had a hard time fitting that in to our bags!

I also think next time I will bring a suitcase that has an outfit (including shoes) for everyone for the morning that we disembark. That last night, your bags have to be out in the hall by 11:00, and it's too hard to try to go through and pack everything, and you miss your last night on the cruise!!!! I will just leave out PJs and have one suitcase for the morning, and toss everything else in the bags for them to take and worry about it when I get home!

Last idea--the over the door shoe holder really is a life-saver for toiletries. There's not that much room in the bathroom, and you can have everything out and be able to get to it. :sunny:

You didn't need THAT much info, huh??? LOL, sorry! HTH!

Amy

Never such a thing as too much information - THANKS!!

I had totally forgot about my little boy (age 4). He doesn't own a jacket, and I probably would not even have thought about getting him one. Thanks for the reminder.

On the 3-day, men can definitely get away with sport jacket and no tie in Tritons...

alexandrew said:
On the 3-day, men can definitely get away with sport jacket and no tie in Tritons...

That's definitely the direction we'll go. DH is not a suit and tie kinda person. Little ones (age 4) would definitely need the blazer too?

I really don't think it's necessary for a 4 y.o. to have a blazer, but that's just my opinion. My DS9 is getting to that age where he looks older, KWIM? So for us, it was a good investment to have one for him (we had a wedding to go to anyway). But at 4, he could just wear a button down shirt, or even a little tie if you wanted. He'd be out of it before you even got much use, I would think!

My point was just to get a good picture of us, lol!!!! :flower:

PS--JC Penney has shirts with ties, or just dress shirts, pretty cheap--might want to try them.

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter