What to know about Star Wars...

buzz1523

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

So I'm going to Disney World a few months into the new year. I'm not a major SW fan (I know the extreme basics), but the attractions look amazing - so I definitely want to be a part of it!

What would any of you suggest I watch or know before going to the park? Would watching the Madalorian series cut it or do I have to watch every SW movie produced to fully understand what I'm experiencing?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

After you watch those movies (or at least Episode 7 and Episode 8), you can read the book "Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire", which tells the story of Black Spire Outpost. That will explain the characters and shops you encounter in Galaxy's Edge itself.

The Force Awakens is really all you need to know To appreciate who is who and what the sides are. After that, the rest is gravy for backstories.

Watch "The Force Awakens" and "The Last Jedi" and it probably helps to know the basics of the OT, too. Definitely watch the original SW if you've never seen it!

I have only seen the original first 3 and the one where BB8 appears for the first time (I don't even know the name). By the original first 3 I mean the first ones that came out, not their order within the series, you know the ones with Harrison Ford (which is the only reason I watched the other one). I say all that to say, I didn't know a darn thing about any of the new stuff, where it was set or any of the back story and I still enjoy it. I did have a little problem when they had the night time FWs/projection show since it showed scenes from some of the newer/first ones in the series (I think the 2nd trilogy to come out). My son is a big fan and saw all the movies and read the books (I didn't even know there were books) so he explained some of it to me, but it was mostly because he loved talking about it. They also used to have a stage show during the day that incorporated some of the newer characters, I had no clue who they were but enjoyed the show. They also incorporated some of them into the cute little thing kids could sign up for where they fought and again, didn't know any of the characters but loved watching those kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!