What to do???

sdrsdd

Mouseketeer
The last time we vacationed in California was a decade ago (June and my kids were little). We will be going in July 27-Aug 4-my Kids are now 17, 14 and 11. They love rides! I am
Thinking of these things and would love input!
Disneyland 2 days
Universal 1-2 days
Beach day —suggestions???
Warner Brother Studio Tour, TMZ celebrity tour, Hollywood Sign
Taping of a live show?
Knotts Berry Farm Or SeaWorld for a day???
I need help!
Thanks!

Off the top of my head:
DLR has changed quite a bit in the last decade, especially DCA. 2 days may not be enough time, especially given your dates and the predicted crowds for SWGE (do your kids like Star Wars?) -- can you do more days at DLR? I would try for 3 days at the least, then you would at least get a MM with your tickets. (Unless you'll be staying on site -- will you? -- then you should get EE/EMH at alternating parks each day of your stay). Have you factored SWGE into your DL plans?
Universal is really a 1 day park. I think 2 days might be pushing it.
The Hollywood sign is on private property, so viewing it can be done easily from other sites that might be more interesting for your family. How about the Griffith Observatory? Or the Hollywood & Highland shopping center (which happens to have the Dolby Theatre -- home of the Oscar Ceremony, Chinese Theatre next door, Walk of Fame out front, Disney's El Capitan across the street, etc.)?
Live show tapings can take quite a bit of time, which includes lots of standing in line beforehand, and be pretty repetitive -- are you sure your kids would go for that?
For rides, I would choose Knott's over SeaWorld.
Have you looked into Six Flags Magic Mountain for rides?

Disneyland 2 days
Universal 1-2 days
I would add one day Disneyland parkhopper and only visit Universal for one day. Buy front of the line pass or Universal or do the the VIP tour.
Beach day —suggestions???
Crystal Cove State Park. It has a little of everything. Tide pools, regular beach, hiking trails, restaurants and a historical area with mini museum type stuff.
Warner Brother Studio Tour, TMZ celebrity tour, Hollywood Sign
I've read good things about Warner Bros tour if taken on the weekend. Many of the lots are closed for filming during the week.
You can see the Hollywood sign when driving on the 101. Lots of the "hollywood celebrity stuff" is quite boring. I wouldn't take kids to something like that.
Taping of a live show?
All of the live shows I know of require everyone to be 18+ in the audience. If there are any kid friendly type shows, make sure you get your tickets months ahead of time. And as posted above, there are hours of standing around and sitting around. A one hour show could take 7 hours of your day.
Knotts Berry Farm Or SeaWorld for a day???
I'd do Knotts. It's closer and has better rides. To me it's a huge downgrade from Disneyland as far as food, cleanliness and customer service. It can still be fun, though.

I definitely agree with Crystal Cove! It is lovely. Or try Huntington Beach. Google up Audiences Unlimited for TV show ticket information. There are currently two shows listed with a minimum age of 10. We always hit the Griffith Observatory and it is especially cool to catch the sunset from there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!