What to do with bags staying at AirBNB with a morning flight?

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
Hey guys. Post pretty much says it all. I know hotels can hold your bags until checkin but we are doing an Airbnb this trip and can't check in until 3pm. Any ideas of what we can do with our bags until then? Or places we could go outside of the parks with bags? Disney Springs or City Walk doesn't exactly seem like fun dragging around luggage all day and I don't really want to just go somewhere and sit.

My only ideas are renting a locker in a park (but not sure if they will even fit a suitcase) or going to planet fitness and putting them in one of the big lockers there. But that is pretty out of the way to have to go back to get our bags.

Any chance a hotel we aren't staying at will still hold our bags for us?

Any ideas for things to do that day while we wait, either with or without bags?

Rent a car, stow the luggage in the trunk, go to parks.

I hadn't thought of that. The problem with that is I plan to be at Universal before 8am waiting to get in and the car rental places aren't open that early. The 2nd guy's flight lands at 9am but he's flying into SFB instead of MCO and it would be a pain to return it back out there and I'm pretty sure it costs considerably more to return to a different location. Maybe he could uber to a more centrally located car rental spot and rent from there.

Most airport rental car places at MCO are open 24 hours or open really early (5 or 6 AM). You should be able to pick up a car very early in the morning and be at Universal before 8 AM.

Last edited:
Most airport rental car places at MCO are open 24 hours or open really early (5 or 6 AM). You should be able to pick up a car very early in the morning and be at Universal before 8 AM.

Hmm, I only tried Enterprise but the earliest time they would let me select was 8:00. I'll try to call.

Are you looking at the MCO (airport on-site) location of Enterprise? It shows on their website as opening at 6 and you can select pickup beginning at 6. Off airport locations likely have more limited hours.

I hadn't thought of that. The problem with that is I plan to be at Universal before 8am waiting to get in and the car rental places aren't open that early.

What size is your luggage? I don’t know of any park lockers big enough for my suitcase. Seems like you may need to adjust your plans.

What size is your luggage? I don’t know of any park lockers big enough for my suitcase. Seems like you may need to adjust your plans.

I will just be bringing a backpack for this exact reason. Others will probably have a suitcase

How are you getting from MCO to Universal ?

How long is your stay ?

Are your friends flying out from SFB after Stay ?

My advice would be They land at SFB at 9am hire a car & Collect YOU at MCO

Then you ALL arrive at Universal & have all luggage in trunk .

RETURN They drop You off at MCO & then they return to SFB with the car.

ALL YOU LOOSE is about 2 hours of YOUR Vacation ..... 1 Hour Flight Difference & 1 hour Drive Time from SFB to MCO

How are you getting from MCO to Universal ?

How long is your stay ?

Are your friends flying out from SFB after Stay ?

My advice would be They land at SFB at 9am hire a car & Collect YOU at MCO

Then you ALL arrive at Universal & have all luggage in trunk .

RETURN They drop You off at MCO & then they return to SFB with the car.

ALL YOU LOOSE is about 2 hours of YOUR Vacation ..... 1 Hour Flight Difference & 1 hour Drive Time from SFB to MCO

I was going to take a Lyft or Uber from MCO. Which is around $25-30. Rental cars for one day look to be about $50, but then I'd also have to pay for parking. Though I would save on the locker rental.

Most will arrive Friday evening. The one arriving at 9am is also flying out of SFB, but we have one guy driving so we won't need a rental car once he gets here around 3. Everyone except me is only doing Universal Saturday. I was going to go Friday for a few hours and upgrade my 1 day ticket to an AP. I thought everyone wasn't getting there until later so his early arrival threw a little wrench in my plans. But I want to still try to go for a while, and frankly need to since my one day ticket was selected for Friday. He said he's not interested in paying for a 2nd day.

If I rented the car though, I'd feel obligated to drive out to SFB to pick him up, which would mean I wouldn't get to go to the park at all. He hasn't expressed any interest in renting a car since I threw that idea out, so I think I'm just going to let him fend for his own and meet him somewhere for lunch.

There is a service called BagBNB, they might have one in Orlando. We almost had to use one in Nashville for the same reason.

There is a service called BagBNB, they might have one in Orlando. We almost had to use one in Nashville for the same reason.

They don't exist in Orlando, but it looks like there are some similar services. Some look like they even deliver. Thanks for the idea. This might be the ticket!

I would uber to the Hard Rock or one of the other Universal hotels and check my luggage at the bell desk.

I've done it at Cabana Bay when we checked out but want to go to the parks in the afternoon. I don't think there is a rule that you have to be staying there to do it.

I would uber to the Hard Rock or one of the other Universal hotels and check my luggage at the bell desk.

I've done it at Cabana Bay when we checked out but want to go to the parks in the afternoon. I don't think there is a rule that you have to be staying there to do it.

Awesome! I was hoping this was what we could do. Free (other than tip) and super convenient. That makes things easy.

Awesome! I was hoping this was what we could do. Free (other than tip) and super convenient. That makes things easy.
Just make sure you tip very well if you do this, of course many hotels are now requiring your room number, so you may want to check that this is allowed.

Have to talked to the Airbnb owner, sometimes they are really cool. Tell them you will give them a few dollars I guess it depends if it was rented the night before.

We had the same issue and found Orlando Baggage Storage, they will store your bags free for the day as long as you pick up your bags before closing at 6 pm and you can even have the bags delivered to your Airbnb later in the evening for $35 which gave us more time at universal.

If the air bnb host is home in the morning, they may let you drop them off and keep them in their space until you check in. This has worked for us in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!