• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what to do in Dallas dec 1st-5th, what should we see/do?

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
we are going to be in dallas dec 1-5th due to the southern region Oireachtas (major irish dance comp) I think she actually dances on the 3rd so that gives us plenty of time to see stuff. So, what should we go see in and around dallas. I am planning on using the DART system to get around. thanks, maggie

nieman's windows downtown are always cool...there's the west end and dealey plaza as well as the kennedy memorial.

Ride to the top of Reunion Tower to see the city from the top. Reunion Tower is the big ball that you see in the Dallas skyline.

You can also go shop at the Galleria...well, window shop anyway...the stores are amazing, but seriously expensive. There's also an ice rink on the bottom level for skating.

I'll try to think of some more. Enjoy your trip!

What's a trip to Dallas without a trip to the JFK museum at the book depository building? It's called The Sixth Floor Museum.

Where are you staying? I never did use DART, but I know some people who loved it.

Just as a note, the Galleria is pretty far from downtown. Closer to my old neck of the woods. You could take the girls ice skating there tho.

It should be beautiful weather that time of year!

I think Old City Park is on the Dart system, and it's beautiful at Christmas time. I second the Galleria - if you can see the skating Santa with fireworks coming off his skates, do so!

Also, depending on where you are in town, you may wish to rent a car for part of your stay. If you do, you might visit Holiday in the Park at Six Flags in Arlington or take a ride one evening out I-20 to SantaLand (a beautiful drive-through light display about 1 1/2 hours outside of town).

We just visited the Dallas/Fortworth area this past spring.

I really enjoyed the sixth floor museum (about JFK). Even if you are not into that stuff, I think you will find it interesting. I got this eery felling just know that I was standing in the exact spot where history took place. You can rent an audio tape for a few dollars more. I suggest doing the audio tour. I did, but I found myself stopping the tape because I also wanted to read what was on the signs as well.

My FAVORITE thing to do was visit South Fork Ranch. This is where they filmed the show "Dallas". DH was less then thrilled to do this, But I told him that this was a part of TV History. The tour doesn't take that long, and you get some great background info. After our trip, I was on the hunt for season 1 and 2 of "Dallas" on DVD!

We also visited the stockyards. This is in Fort Worth. It's a lot of shopping and restaurants and bars. Not that exciting, but worth the look at least.
We did some other stuff, but it was in the town called Grapevine. It ws about 20 minutes from Dallas. We went to an Opry there. If you can find one in Dallas I would highly suggest going to it. We saw some really good acts, and even someone that was on American Idol. If you are traveling with kids, they may like it too.
Have Fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter