What to do for parents 40th at WDW???

WisconsinDisneyGirl

DIS Veteran
My parents are taking my family, my MIL and brother to WDW in Dec.! I do have wonderful parents! For Christmas I am sending them on a tour (Backstage Safari). It just came to me the other night that they will be married 40 years Jan. 25! WOW! I was thinking of doing something for them while we are at WDW. Maybe a nice dinner with an awsome Disney cake (maybe a castle) or maybe another tour? Anyone else have any other ideas! It would be fun to celebrate at WDW:wizard:

I don't know if you want to do something for them as a couple or for your whole group, however, I've planned a private intimate dinner with butler for DH and me at the Grand Floridian. It will be on the third floor terrace overlook and dessert is served during the Wishes fireworks over MK. It should be a very lovely view. It would be 'posh' and romantic!
I don't think it it is exclusive to couples but I don't think it's for large parties either.

Also, you could do a Wishes or Illuminations cruise. The larger boats have the music piped in. The boats can be decorated for your celebration and you can even arrange for food and drinks through private dining. Maybe a special cake and champagne. Or get really fancy and have dinner for your party on the Grand I. That would be awesome, I'm sure.

Good luck and happy celebration! :goodvibes

I love the idea of the Illuminations cruise. Wow how romantic and bigger then life!
Was your Dad in the service. I know they have a flag raising or retiring ceremony for Veterans to participate in.
Maybe one of the bricks with their names and the aniversary date that offspring can forever see at Disney a hundred years from now.

An Album done up too. Not just of the trip, but if your Mom has them in a box, why not have family contribute and have a really one.

Congrats to them,
di

We did the fireworks cruise too (it wasn't called the illuminations cruise though). We loved it. We did it after the rehearsal dinner for our friends wedding. It left from the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter