What to do? 2 nights at Portofino and 2 nights Swan?

JennCa

DIS Veteran
I have 4 nights in addition to my week at our Marriott timeshare reservation.

Because we want to visit the park for 2 days at Universal I can either do 2 nights at Portofino and 2 nights at the Swan/Dolphin (so walking distance of HS and Epcot) or I can stay 3 nights in one location and 1 in the other?

What makes sense?

Jenn

I would do 2 and 2.

It’s easy enough to get to MK or akl from swan/dolphin. Only doing 1 day kind of pushes it. It’s nice to see both Epcot and HS in morning and night.

I will be the naysayer and say 3 and 1 :) This is because one night at Portofino yields you 2 nights of fast pass at Universal. Arrive early morning and check in to get your fast pass; leave your bags with the hotel guest services or in your car if you have one with you. Enjoy your 2 full days at Univeral with fast pass. Then check in to Swan for 3 nights to have easy Disney access.

...Then check in to Swan for 3 nights to have easy Disney access.
Note that the Swan and the Dolphin, both participate in the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program. If you don't already have one and can get one of the Marriott branded credit cards, the sign-up bonus may well provide enough points for 2 free nights (and if you have a significant other that could also get one, that could be another 2+ nights free.)

Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter