What to carry on and what to check?

abby

Abby's Mom
Ok, so I finally have a video camera, should I carry it on the plane, like I do my regular camera, or check it in my luggage?

On board!!!!!!!!! Anything that is fragile, of value, medication, etc should always be on your posession. Given how many people fly the chances of anything going missing is pretty remote, and at the same time you don't want it to get damaged. A video camera would be fragile and of value. If it's bulky you could probably get away with putting the charger, spare batteries etc in the check on luggage but we find it easier to keep these all together.

Depending on your airline they may let you carry on a regular carry on bag + a camera bag. check with your airline.

Cheers

Kylie.

I just got back. I carried on my video camera, my digital and my laptop computer. I even carried on some smaller 5 cent candies.

My mom was with me, and she forgot to put her suntan lotion in her regular luggage and they took that way from her, as it was over 3 ounces. So just dont put in any liquids of any kind, unless its milk for your child.

Anything of value should be carried on ! You may need to turn it on to prove it is a real camera , but take it on with you! Also if taking film too take a high speed roll over 1600 so they will hand inspect that too!

Just flew to DL on Sunday 10-8-06 and flew home Tuesday 10-10-06. We took our clothes in a carry-on. You have to get 1 quart sandwhich ziplock bags to carry any liquid. We put one bag in my purse and one in our carry-on. My sadwhich bag contained a travel Shampoo and conditioner, 3OZ. or less, a 3oz. deoderant, my lip blam, and a travel tooth paste. My other sandwhich bag packed in the other carry on was my husbands 3oz deoderant, a 3oz. shave cream, another lip balm of mine, and a 3oz. body spray. ANd you have to tell them you have the 1 quart bags with liquids before you get to security where they run your bag thru the xray. If you don't the get mad cause they have to take it out and inspect it. My cammera and film and cell phone was all in my purse, I had no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter