• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What times are ppl actually let into park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as well. Also, I've seen reports that some rides at DHS open before 10...is this just for mickey/minnie ride or all rides etc.? I understand this is only if they're ready and the cms feel like running them, but curious as to if it's only certain rides etc. TIA!

The parks open as soon as the parking lot opens
So 45 min before official opening time
Do you happen to know if any rides have been running before official park opening the times you have been there? I've seen reports of the railway train at DHS, but wasn't sure if that was always the only ride that would possibly open early or if there have been days when other rides have also been operating early? Totally understand it's very dependant on the day, but just trying to get an idea.

Do you happen to know if any rides have been running before official park opening the times you have been there? I've seen reports of the railway train at DHS, but wasn't sure if that was always the only ride that would possibly open early or if there have been days when other rides have also been operating early? Totally understand it's very dependant on the day, but just trying to get an idea.
Personally I've experienced MMRR before 10am, not sure about the other ones, but know that this is not guaranteed, so don't expect to be able to ride it before official opening time.
Also been able to go on PP at MK and Safari at AK before official opening time

I was at HS on 8-2. Walked in the park at 9:30am & got in line for Slinky. That started running about 9:45 cause I was off the ride & ready for the 10am ROTR boarding group attempt.

Personally I've experienced MMRR before 10am, not sure about the other ones, but know that this is not guaranteed, so don't expect to be able to ride it before official opening time.
Also been able to go on PP at MK and Safari at AK before official opening time
Thx for the feedback. Was just thinking it may be better to do Slinky early if it's running early as opposed to M/M RW but wasn't sure if it'd only M/M RW that operates early on the occasion it does. Thx!

I was at HS on 8-2. Walked in the park at 9:30am & got in line for Slinky. That started running about 9:45 cause I was off the ride & ready for the 10am ROTR boarding group attempt.
Awesome...thx for the feedback!

We were at DHS 8/7 and I staked out a spot near Beauty and the Beast to wait for the BG drop (about 9:45) and my family went off to do RnR. They rode and came back right as I secured the boarding group. We then hopped right in line for ToT with no wait.

We were at DHS a few weeks ago, got into the park around 9:30, my family rode ToT when it opened around 9:55 and RnR right after. They rode both by 10:05.

I'm staying at Fort Wilderness and I have the Studios scheduled for September 13(Sunday). I really don't want to drive but I'm hearing reports that the HS bus has been unreliable lately. So, if I do drive, what time would everyone recommend I leave The Fort to drive over to HS? Or, because I really hate traffic, I see that AK opens at 8 so I'll be able to get a bus to AK early and could go to another resort from there to take the Skyliner. I'm also not sure how early the Skyliner starts running. I just know I want to be in the park as early as I can as easily as possible. I do have a second day scheduled but my plan is to have the first day "scheduled" and the second day relaxing.

I'm staying at Fort Wilderness and I have the Studios scheduled for September 13(Sunday). I really don't want to drive but I'm hearing reports that the HS bus has been unreliable lately. So, if I do drive, what time would everyone recommend I leave The Fort to drive over to HS? Or, because I really hate traffic, I see that AK opens at 8 so I'll be able to get a bus to AK early and could go to another resort from there to take the Skyliner. I'm also not sure how early the Skyliner starts running. I just know I want to be in the park as early as I can as easily as possible. I do have a second day scheduled but my plan is to have the first day "scheduled" and the second day relaxing.
Um, first ak opens at 9 on Sept 13.
Not sure what you're asking, you want to bus to ak, to take a bus to a resort to then skyliner to dhs?
A lot of unnecessary traveling, if you have a vehicle just drive to dhs, parking lot opens around 9:15, the drive would take about 10 min

was at HS on 8/20. They got there around 9:25 and they were open and micky train already running.

Just curious I heard that Hollywood studios opens a bit early. Was wondering if that was the case at the other parks.
For MK yesterday we walked from CR because it says mono starts at 8:30.
They held us until 8:15 then did temp and security,
They held us halfway to MK from there until 8:23. At that time they walked us to the gates and guests were arriving via bus. We were 3 people back from front and at 8:30 they opened. We walked to SDMT and rode that and then 2 SM and done before 9am official open time.
Day before we arrived at 840 and everything was open and we had no waits that day either all morning,

I've been hearing about an hour before scheduled park opening. However, it will just be to let you in to the front of park shopping/starbucks.

Okay i stayed at the Poly really recently and I have to say that generally what I found is that if you get to the bus stop around 8-8:15 in the morning you have a good chance at the first bus. The only resorts that seem to be having bus trouble are the value and moderate resorts bc of how many people can't afford/stay for whatever reason at the deluxe. Caribbean Beach lines look horrific right now. But deluxes? Get there early. Drving and Ubering was too much of a risk for me compared to Not only is there a problem with crowding at the moderate and value resorts but they're also the only transport to HS from there. So even the people looking to just rope drop Runaway Railway and don't care about BGs are getting on early too. Wouldn't recommend park/resort hopping either. It's already chaotic enough just to get from resort to HS. There's way too much risk and chance involved in hopping in my opinion. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter