What Time Will We Get in Our Cabin?

sjaz22

Own at BLT
Sailing on our first cruise on the Dream next week. Our check-in time at the terminal is between 11:30-12:00. What time should we expect to get on the ship? What time will we get in our room? And when will we see our luggage? I see many people say to pack a small bag for when you first get on the ship. What should we bring? Thank you!

Sailing on our first cruise on the Dream next week. Our check-in time at the terminal is between 11:30-12:00. What time should we expect to get on the ship? What time will we get in our room? And when will we see our luggage? I see many people say to pack a small bag for when you first get on the ship. What should we bring? Thank you!

Boarding starts about 11:45. I would think that you could be onboard about 12:15 at the latest (I could be wrong).

The rooms are usually available at 1:30, sometimes not until 2:00.

You bags will show up at your room, generally, by 5:00, but can be later.

Your carry on should have all your necessary documents (passports, signature page, etc) you need for checking in. Medications, electronics, any beverages you are bringing aboard. A swimsuit is good, that way you can use the pools before you actually get your other bags. I usually stick in a change of underwear ;) , also. And an extra shirt.

:cutie:

Subbing. I am also wondering what time boarding starts with the new port opening time.

Boarding starts about 11:45. I would think that you could be onboard about 12:15 at the latest (I could be wrong).

The rooms are usually available at 1:30, sometimes not until 2:00.

You bags will show up at your room, generally, by 5:00, but can be later.

Your carry on should have all your necessary documents (passports, signature page, etc) you need for checking in. Medications, electronics, any beverages you are bringing aboard. A swimsuit is good, that way you can use the pools before you actually get your other bags. I usually stick in a change of underwear ;) , also. And an extra shirt.

:cutie:

Given, as you say, that your luggage might not show up till 5pm, if you have first seating for dinner, which is 6pm, that doesn't leave much time to get organized and changed. Is attire a little looser that first night, or do you just have to pull it together as fast as you can?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

Given, as you say, that your luggage might not show up till 5pm, if you have first seating for dinner, which is 6pm, that doesn't leave much time to get organized and changed. Is attire a little looser that first night, or do you just have to pull it together as fast as you can?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

For the Main Dining Room the night's dress code is more of a recommendation not a rule. Plus the first night is not formal night. Most people tend to come in casual dress. In Palo or Remy there is a required dress code, so unless you prebooked those for the first night you should be okay.

For the Main Dining Room the night's dress code is more of a recommendation not a rule. Plus the first night is not formal night. Most people tend to come in casual dress. In Palo or Remy there is a required dress code, so unless you prebooked those for the first night you should be okay.

:thumbsup2 Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

I booked Palo on the first night and am NOT anticipating a luggage arrival issue. (Is there a smiley for crossed fingers?) I think I may wear a cute sundress onboard instead of shorts. I want to dress up more for Palo, but if my luggage doesn't arrive, I'd rather wear a sundress than be stuck in shorts and not get to go at all.

Or maybe I'll just roll up a travel knit skirt and stick it in my carry-on. I'm going to have to think this one through. My luck, this will be the only cruise where my luggage doesn't beat me to the cabin!

Subbing. I am also wondering what time boarding starts with the new port opening time.
If you're talking about Port Canaveral, boarding started by 11:45am on our Dream cruise last October. However, the time can change depending on how fast or slow the turnover is.

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ
Our early seating on the Dream was 5:45pm.

I booked Palo on the first night and am NOT anticipating a luggage arrival issue. (Is there a smiley for crossed fingers?) I think I may wear a cute sundress onboard instead of shorts. I want to dress up more for Palo, but if my luggage doesn't arrive, I'd rather wear a sundress than be stuck in shorts and not get to go at all.

Or maybe I'll just roll up a travel knit skirt and stick it in my carry-on. I'm going to have to think this one through. My luck, this will be the only cruise where my luggage doesn't beat me to the cabin!

We had Palo reservations for embarkation night on our last cruise. In the past, the latest our luggage had arrived was 4:30pm. Since we had 7pm Palo ressies, we were not concerned at all when packing.

In the future, I will pack whatever I MUST have for the first night in my carry-on. After checking our stateroom I-don't-know-how-many times, my bag (all others had been delivered earlier) showed up at 6:30pm. PHEW! It was a bit too much for me. We were told that if it was a luggage issue, Palo would be lenient, but I did not want to walk into a very nice restaurant in jeans and tennies.

Lesson learned: If you MUST have it on the first night before bedtime, carry it on.

- Dreams

At Port Canaveral, boalrding starts at 11:45. I haven't seen it later in the last 5 or more years. I've seen it earlier, but only 5 minutes or so. Room access is available at 1:30...but I've seen reports here of it not being until 2 on the larger ships on at least some cruises. Luggage delivery is between 1:30 and 5 with no delivery between 3:30 and 4:15 (safety drill; all services suspended). Rarely does it extend till after 5, but it may. And even though you dropped off all your bags together, they may arrive at different times.

Your day bag should include all documents, medication, electronics...and then anything you want on that first afternoon--swim suits, clean underwear for after swimming, and whatever else.
No one is picky about clothing in the main dining rooms on the first night. If you are dining at Palo or Remy, the dress code will be enforced. It is RARE to not have your bags by 5:15...but it can happen, We don't carry dinner clothing in our carry on. My logic is that if my stuff isn't there, they'll have to deal with me wearing what I have available.

If you're talking about Port Canaveral, boarding started by 11:45am on our Dream cruise last October. However, the time can change depending on how fast or slow the turnover is.

Our early seating on the Dream was 5:45pm.

Thank you! :goodvibes Haven't been to the port since they changed the the opening time from 10 to 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter