• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time was your GV ready?

OKW
1) Ready at check in before 10:30 am
2) Ready at ~2:00 wait, no we started a fire in the stove. 3:30, wait, no, that one wasn't actualy cleaned. 4:00, wait, no, AC problem being worked on. 5:00, it's ready but it stinks because we started a fire in the stove (same one we should have had in the first place)

SSR
6:00 Hey, it was guaranteed after 4:00, they were right! :)

Never stayed in one but we were staying at BWV a year or so ago and they were cleaning one that took all day. The pile of trash that the Mousekeepers put outside the room was amazing. Pizza boxes, gift boxes, flowers in vases, several black bags full of trash and a broken chair.

It had to be after 5:00 before they were done.

:earsboy: Bill

Jan 2011 in OKW mid week checkin, we were told at 1030am if you want "near Hospitality house" it will be closer to 4, if you dont' care, you can be in by 11. We took the one in at 11! :thumbsup2 Debbie

I think a lot depends on if your unit was occupied the night before you arrive and if so the condition the past guests left it in - I'm writing this while sitting in the hospitality house at OKW - we toured a grand villa earlier this morning and there were two units available awaiting the arrival of members and both were ready at 10 this morning - neither had been occupied last night. The unit we toured was in great shape - this was our first visit to OKW and we loved it - what a great place!

Never stayed in one but we were staying at BWV a year or so ago and they were cleaning one that took all day. The pile of trash that the Mousekeepers put outside the room was amazing. Pizza boxes, gift boxes, flowers in vases, several black bags full of trash and a broken chair.

It had to be after 5:00 before they were done.

:earsboy: Bill

That sounded like our 1st VB trip with a 2br, room wasn't ready at 6, so they switched us to another room that just had the carpet cleaned. This was Easter week.

Back to GV's, we've checked in later than 6pm when we have stayed at SSR GV's, so no problem there. Beach Cottage at VB, shortly after 4pm, we checked in around 3pm ish I think.

OKW - Peninsular Road in late May - 9:00 am
OKW - South Point Road in early June - 11:00 am

OKW, 3 times, ready at check in, 10-30 to 1pm arrival. And then once I arrived a day before every one else and had a studio which they gave me in the same building as the GV #15, the next morning at 8:30 I was able to get the keys and move up to the GV!
Easy, peazy!

On 9/13 our Treehouse Villa was ready when we checked in around noon. Not a GV, but 3 bedrooms nonetheless..we were happy! :)

OKW 5 times and sometime we have gotten in right away at check in, and I believe the latest was around 3:30, but that was because we decided to wait for our preferred building.

3 times @ VGC & usually ready a little after 4 pm but the one time no earlier than exactly 3 pm.

BLT May 2012 - checked in at 11am and grand villa was ready at about 2:45pm. They texted me (at the pool) with the room#, so we were able to just head right up when it was ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter