What time is the first monorail from GF to Epcot

chinhk

Mouseketeer
We are considering to have a ADR at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for breakfast at 8am in Sept and the opening time for Epcot is at 9am that day.

Does anyone knows when is the earliest we can catch the monorail from GF to Epcot? I have read somewhere that the monorail will only be start one hour before park opening.
I guess the other option would be the bus?

Yes that is correct monarails only start an hour before parks open, unless on special occasion. If you would like to get to Epoct, your best bet would to take a bus. Hope this helps

The Monorail from GF does not go direct to Epcot-you can ride it to the Transportation and Ticket Center and transfer to the Epcot Monorail there.:)

There are no buses from GF to Epcot.:)

I would talk to the Lobby Concierge about this situation-I would think they are very used to handling this situation in some way.:)

We are considering to have a ADR at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for breakfast at 8am in Sept and the opening time for Epcot is at 9am that day.

Does anyone knows when is the earliest we can catch the monorail from GF to Epcot? I have read somewhere that the monorail will only be start one hour before park opening.
I guess the other option would be the bus?
You might want to consider getting a cab to Epcot that morning. You wouldn't have to worry about making connections between mononrails or what time they will begin running.

We tried something similar once and the first monorail in the morning had to do all sorts of Safety checks. We were late to our ADR, but they said they were used to that, got in anyways. I would avoid the monorail!

OP, If your ADR is for 8am, I would recommend taking a taxi (travel time). Now you need to remember you will need to clear security, but more importantly walk to Norway from the front entrance which will take some time (maybe 20 minutes). ADRs also want you to be there 10-15 minutes prior to your time. So plan accordingly.

Taxi is a great method,BUT I would still talk to Lobby Concierge first just in case they have an alternative method or even possibly would give you a voucher for the Taxi-couldn't hurt to check and see if they can do anything.:)

On our previous August trips the resort monorail started running at 7am and the Epcot monorail started running at 7:30am. As others have said you should check once you get there to verify the start times. Also you can just walk from the GF through the Poly to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. It is actually a very nice walk early in the morning. Takes about 15-20 mins depending on where you are at the GF and how fast you walk.

On our previous August trips the resort monorail started running at 7am and the Epcot monorail started running at 7:30am. As others have said you should check once you get there to verify the start times. Also you can just walk from the GF through the Poly to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. It is actually a very nice walk early in the morning. Takes about 15-20 mins depending on where you are at the GF and how fast you walk.

Not sure if you can still walk from GF to Poly right now. Construction walls for GF DVC building might preclude that from happening. Not real sure though.

Taxi is a great method,BUT I would still talk to Lobby Concierge first just in case they have an alternative method or even possibly would give you a voucher for the Taxi-couldn't hurt to check and see if they can do anything.:)

I agree, there is typically some Disney transportation available for the early character breakfasts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter