What time do you head out for 7am DL rope drop from GCH?

farmfresh

DIS Veteran
....just trying to factor time in the security check. It looks like it might be slow. Any thoughts?

It’s about what we do... 45 minutes before official rope drop, but then when they let you in and you can line up at the rope we are usually right on the rope.... 7 am is better than 8 am for this... less people typically

We always stay at the GCH, and for a 7am EMH, we usually leave the room at 6:45. I guess we are just not that hardcore any more!! We “walk with purpose” through DTD and usually still are through the turnstile before rope drop or close to it. We aren’t at the rope but we are good and don’t encounter much in the way of lines at all. With older kids now, they just don’t wake up as early as they used to.

7 am is better than 8 am for this... less people typically
Yes - totally agree!
We always stay at the GCH, and for a 7am EMH, we usually leave the room at 6:45. I guess we are just not that hardcore any more!! We “walk with purpose” through DTD and usually still are through the turnstile before rope drop or close to it. We aren’t at the rope but we are good and don’t encounter much in the way of lines at all. With older kids now, they just don’t wake up as early as they used to.
I understand completely! That might be us in a day or two!

I usually try to leave no later than 6:10 to be near the front of the gates if that's the goal for the day. I've also left at 6:30 if I'm not making a beeline for Peter Pan.

The Unofficial Guide says to be out there 40 minutes before rope drop which seems to work perfectly, so 6:10-6:15 sounds right to me (I said right, not fun :crazy2:).

If it’s any consolation, on our first trip in the modern era we walked for a 7am rope drop from the Sheraton Anaheim Park and got there around 6:15am. The problem was rope drop wasn’t until 8! That debacle pretty much directly led me to spend a lot of money on VGC DVC points. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made, the walk is much more pleasant now. :cloud9:

Last edited:
The Unofficial Guide says to be out there 40 minutes before rope drop which seems to work perfectly, so 6:10-6:15 sounds right to me (I said right, not fun :crazy2:).

If it’s any consolation, on our first trip in the modern era we walked for a 7am rope drop from the Sheraton Anaheim Park and got there around 6:15am. The problem was rope drop wasn’t until 8! That debacle pretty much directly led me to spend a lot of money on VGC DVC points. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made, the walk is much more pleasant now. :cloud9:

We saw that happen at DCA on our trip this summer to a couple. I felt so bad for them, because they were one of the first there. It felt like something I would do., like getting to Epcot before security had even arrived in the morning:sad2: The CM was really confused and just parked us with employees.

We saw that happen at DCA on our trip this summer to a couple. I felt so bad for them, because they were one of the first there. It felt like something I would do., like getting to Epcot before security had even arrived in the morning:sad2: The CM was really confused and just parked us with employees.

Luckily security was there so we were able to get in the bubble and go to Starbucks in DTD by GCH, so it ended up okay. Sitting there watching all the people strolling in from GCH and DLH bright eyed and bushy tailed was all the motivation I needed to finally bite the bullet and buy VGC points, so some good ended up coming out of it after all. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter