What Teacher did you have

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
who liked you the most and disliked you the most ?

Disliked - The word should be hate, Mr Romano my 7th grade History teacher, he hated me from the word go, did his best to try and make me cry in from of class by swatting me with all he had, wrote countless notes home to my parents that were a bit of an exaggeration. Mr Romano if your out there, I want to pull that stupid looking mustache you have from your ugly face. :p

Liked would be Mrs Hillegus, my 6th grade teacher. she saw all my best qualities and believed in me more then I did. I doubt she is alive now but every time I think of her I smile and think everyone needs a Mrs Hillegus in there life at some point.

Mrs Rodriquez, 5th grade! She was so nice and Encouraging to me. Amazing teacher that engaged the whole class and actually made learning Fun!
She asked us to write to an author... I will never forget the experience ( the author wrote back... and wrote to me using quill/ink!!! As an adult, I tracked down that very same book ("the Hot Water Bottle Mystery" by Alan Delgado.) and gave it to my son when he was about the same age)
I give Mrs Rodriquez credit for making Me a Lover of Books... which I passed along to my own kid, a voracious reader!

Worst teacher...to me.. accused me of forging a late pass note..made a very big deal out of it in front of classmates. I was mortified. And no, it hadn't been forged... my poor mom scribbled while still in bed lol
Nasty guy! ( who by the way got arrested later that year for dealing pot at school) Loser!

The moment I started reading this thread one of my teachers immediately came to mind. Fourth grade (in 1987) was a difficult time in my childhood for various reasons and this woman went above and beyond to see to it that I was not falling behind. So I took to Google to find out what, if anything, this person was up to these days. Sadly she is no longer with us.

On the off chance that a friend or family member of Mrs. Gerken is on here I thought I would share my thoughts. The few words I have typed on here are woefully inadequate. She truly was a wonderful human being.
IMG_1895.PNG

Mrs. Langille, my first grade teacher hated all of us with the exception of Stephen and Sandra. I don't know why she liked them. There was nothing particularly special about either. She would give class detentions every day at recess, lunch time and after school. I remember her telling Stephen and Sandra to bring back the crumbs from their lunch because we were all going to be starving. She did eventually let us go that day but I was absolutely terrified that I would be expected for lunch, with my sister waiting in the school yard to walk home with me and not show up and get in trouble. I was a super quiet kid and never caused trouble and couldn't understand why the teacher hated me.

Unfortunately my parents were the type to always back up the teacher and it wouldn't have ever occurred to me to complain. Very narrow minded.​

disliked- grade three teacher, Mrs. Lewko. In reality though, she was a mean old woman who shouldn't have been a teacher.

Liked- Grade two teacher, Mrs. Curtis. I was a total teachers pet. I even had her to my house for lunch a few times
during the school year.

Disliked, Mrs Byers in 6th grade. I never really had a teacher who I was their favorite in the class.

disliked- grade three teacher, Mrs. Lewko. In reality though, she was a mean old woman who shouldn't have been a teacher.

Liked- Grade two teacher, Mrs. Curtis. I was a total teachers pet. I even had her to my house for lunch a few times
during the school year.
Wow, lunch?

Mr. Bartol - 10th-11th grade US AP history teach + Senior project. First day of class, every year, he put his home number on the board and encouraged us to call him if we were ever in a situation where we needed someone. He was amazing. He had a lot of health issues, and sadly passed a few years ago. The massive church was filled past capacity, the aisles and back was packed. I was actually quoted in the newspaper discussing his legacy. The world was a better place for him being here, and I certainly am who I am because of his influence.

Worst: 6th grade social studies. I can only remember her mean nickname... she yelled at me day 1 for nothing. I was a teacher's pet by nature (my 10th grade speech teacher used to have me take notes on speeches if she was out to help her grading because she "trusted me more than the substitute"), and that was unforgivable, lol. 6th grade was a bad year. I lost both of my grandfathers 45 days apart. I needed support and understanding, and I didn't get it from her. My English teacher that year, Mrs. Garrick, was wonderful though, so that offset it.

Towards the end of the year she came up to me in the hallway and asked me why I didn't tell her what was going on. I told her I didn't think she would care. She just shook her head and walked away. She is not someone I remember fondly.

Wow, lunch?

Hey, I actually went to parties at two of my teachers' houses in high school, lol. The one I mentioned actually hosted Christmas parties for his AP classes and was also a park ranger at Gettysburg. He was on a TV special and took us all to the "premiere". Senior year, most of us took World AP and we convinced that teacher to have us over for a Forrest Gump viewing party, but his wife came downstairs to get me and we watched Friends together instead, lol.

I was super hip. :hippie:

Disliked - wasn't even MY teacher but a teacher in the school. She caught me being kissed at my locker and went crazy over the incident. She made my life miserable after that.

Liked - my grandmother's best friend in 5th grade. She allowed me to paint all day every day in the back of the class while all the other students did math, history, science and whatever else they were taking that year. She really did a disservice in the long run. I never actually had 5th grade!

My mom worked in the school, so I was doomed when it came to getting away with ANYTHING.

It seems as if my 9th grade English teacher liked me the most. She always bragged on me and sent positive reports to my parents. This many years later we are friends on Facebook, so that is really cool.

If I had to guess my 9th grade science teacher disliked me. He was a first year teacher, so that probably explains a lot. I don't know how many times he would tattle-tale to my mom about something I did. He would even complain about things I did outside of class. I thought it was really tacky because he told my parents that I was very immature acting because AFTER SCHOOL I was playing with a 6 year old (a teacher's child) and we were having a good time (I guess we were being loud and obnoxious running up and down the halls, but we weren't hurting anything). It's like seriously??? This is after school and there were no classes in session. He even made a comment on my report card that I displayed immature behavior in class. I think asking silly questions was like the worst thing I would do, which was not nearly as bad as the other kids who were pretty much tearing the room down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter