What stroller?

Wills Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm travelling to WDW next May with DS who will be 14 months old. I have placed an order for an Ergo carrier so I plan on getting him used to the new carrier and wearing him at the airport. We are travelling from Ireland. Then when we get Stateside I will wear him again until we get the car, I'm sure he will want to get down and burn off steam as he is almost walking already.
So the question I have is if I don't bring our stroller and choose to wear him I want to buy a nice stroller while I'm there. I was looking at the City Mini but thats basically because its the only one I have read any feedback on. I want one that will be suitable for the parks and that I can also use when I get back home to the wet Irish weather so the wheels must be durable and it must have a good rain cover. I also want one that gives DS some good shade while he sleeps in the stroller and that will last him for a while. We're planning on having another baby after we get back from WDW (all going well!) so if the stroller has the capability to convert into a double buggy then that would be even better but its not a necessity.
I'm just not very familiar with brands in the US so I'm hoping some of you moms over there can help me out :goodvibes

I know at least one model of the Phil and teds stroller converts to an inline double. There are some others as well but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Most are quite pricey. My two cents. Perhaps maybe you should rent a citi mini while you are at WDW from an offsite vendor and buy a double when you need it. I personally do not like the seating of the inline doubles at all. I believe I saw an ad for a single that will convert to a side by side double but I am not sure if it is available yet and it was a ton of money.

Eta: just realized you are staying 17 nights. I guess to buy would be cheaper than renting. Look at the britax b-agile, the baby jogger citi mini (and the gt model), and the Phil and teds. Amazon is always good, albeebaby.com as well.

We bought a Baby Jogger City Mini JUST for Disney! The recline is fabulous and it folds up like a charm (one handed too!) and really pushes super easy. Definitely worth checking out!

Thank you both for your help! I'll have a look at Amazon and albeebaby too! Never even thought of Amazon so thanks for that ;) I really do like the look of the City Mini, I'll be bringing it home with me anyway so money isn't a problem. I don't mind investing in a good stroller :thumbsup2

Since you are investing in the ergo. Buying a single stroller will be good. You can always wear one and the other can ride. Although I will say even with the insert the ergo isn't good for itty bitty babes. So you would wear your older one til the little is around 6 months. I have an ergo and we love it. I used it on one of my disney trips with my DD who was 2.5yrs at the time. It worked great when she was napping and we went on rides. I have now expanded into other options like woven wraps. I think the city mini will be a good investment to add to your carrier.

angelmom27 said:
Since you are investing in the ergo. Buying a single stroller will be good. You can always wear one and the other can ride. Although I will say even with the insert the ergo isn't good for itty bitty babes. So you would wear your older one til the little is around 6 months. I have an ergo and we love it. I used it on one of my disney trips with my DD who was 2.5yrs at the time. It worked great when she was napping and we went on rides. I have now expanded into other options like woven wraps. I think the city mini will be a good investment to add to your carrier.

Thank you, thats a very good point! :) Well I got a phonecall today from the company I ordered the Ergo from. They won't have any more in for about a fortnight and then with shipping times they're unsure if I'll have it before the new year :( They have the Beco Butterfly or Gemini and another one I can't think of and they have said I can pick one of them instead if I want the carrier sooner than later. I don't know what carrier to go with now, took me ages to decide on the Ergo even though I liked the look of a couple of other ones too! Hmm, I hate having so many options lol I'm SO indecisive!
As for the stroller the city mini is looking like the best option for what I want!! Now just to track down a shop that sells them in Orlando :goodvibes

Beco butterfly is pretty nice and comes with the infant insert attached. The other is probably the boba. Which is a nice one too. I want to get that one to add to my collection. Lol it has a higher back and with the foot straps can be used longer. My DD is getting too tall for the ergo now. She is 22 months. So I have now been using my mei tai since it has a higher back. Just like the convenience of the buckled carrier. I don't know much about the beco butterfly for older babes. I think going with the boba 3g is a good option for you. Oh and that one also converts to infant style so you can use it with the new babe too. Not right away though the baby needs good head control first to make sure s/he can keep a good air way but you will be able to use it sooner than the ergo and longer too.

angelmom27 said:
Beco butterfly is pretty nice and comes with the infant insert attached. The other is probably the boba. Which is a nice one too. I want to get that one to add to my collection. Lol it has a higher back and with the foot straps can be used longer. My DD is getting too tall for the ergo now. She is 22 months. So I have now been using my mei tai since it has a higher back. Just like the convenience of the buckled carrier. I don't know much about the beco butterfly for older babes. I think going with the boba 3g is a good option for you. Oh and that one also converts to infant style so you can use it with the new babe too. Not right away though the baby needs good head control first to make sure s/he can keep a good air way but you will be able to use it sooner than the ergo and longer too.
The Boba! Thats the other one! Thanks for that! I must have a look at the links she sent me when I get to a computer! Carriers are NOT common in Ireland, I wore DS for a couple of months in a carrier for newborns and the amount of strange looks I used to get was just crazy!! I miss wearing him and since hes not the best child for lasting in his stroller I really need to get the carrier sooner than later! Thank you very very much for all your help! :goodvibes

I like the store Buy Buy Baby. They have one not too far from Orlando. I am often able to use a 20% coupon.

Keep in mind the Citi Mini comes with nothing. Each additional item has to be purchased. I have the Baby Jogger brand rain cover. It was about $40. I purchased a "generic" bug netting I think it was $7.

Also the new models maybe out soon. I bought my Mini last year, it was the "old" color. I purchased it for less than half of retail.

The nice thing about BBB is they have everything, both cheap and super luxurious gear.

The other option would be to find an online retailer who will ship to your location. That would save on taxes.

Let me know if you have any other gear questions, I have a 19 month old and I love baby gear (and have enough for 10 babies).

Wills Mom said:
The Boba! Thats the other one! Thanks for that! I must have a look at the links she sent me when I get to a computer! Carriers are NOT common in Ireland, I wore DS for a couple of months in a carrier for newborns and the amount of strange looks I used to get was just crazy!! I miss wearing him and since hes not the best child for lasting in his stroller I really need to get the carrier sooner than later! Thank you very very much for all your help! :goodvibes

No problem. Glad I could help. Ever since I started wearing my YDD I have just become addicted. We started a group of local moms who all babywear. We get crazy looks sometimes here too. A lot of times people are intrigued by it and want more info. Hope your trip is magical and I am sure you will love wearing him again. Like you said he has to get use to it again so don't get discouraged if he doesn't like it at first.

With the stroller you could also see if babies r us or walmart have it online. They have a special option to pick it up in store so it will be ready at the store for you. BRU always has 20% coupons too. I can't remember for sure but I think there is one close to WDW.

I would definitely go with the Boba, over either Beco carrier. Ideally, the width of the carrier seat should fit your child from knee to knee, when they are in the carrier. The seat on the Ergo is 14", which is appropriate for babies up until 12-18 months (depending on the size of the child). The seat on the Beco Butterfly is 13", and the Gemini is 11" - not appropriate for an older baby. The Boba is only 14.5", but they have the added foot stirrups, which help hold the babies legs up into a proper seated position.

I personally prefer woven wraps, but they're not for everyone. ;) I also like the Kinderpack baby carrier - the "standard" size (17" wide!) will fit babies from 8 months up until 4T, so it's a versatile long-lasting carrier, but it will not fit a newborn. Of the buckle carriers that I own - I have the Ergo, the Boba, a standard Kinderpack, and I used to have a Beco Butterfly II - I definitely prefer the Kinderpack out of all of them. The Boba was a close second, until my son learned to "jump" in the foot stirrups when he was about 16 months old.

As far as your question about strollers that convert from single to double, I do have the Britax B-Ready. I *like* it, but I don't *love* it. My son is 2.5 and refuses to sit in the back seat because it's tucked under the stroller and he can't see anything. I can put my 6 month old down there, but then she can't see me (only the top front seat can rear-face) and then she fusses. I wish I had bought the Baby Jogger City Select, because the seating on that stroller is much more versatile, and both kids can see out (or in) when the stroller is used as a double.

I also LOVE the City Mini. I'm considering selling my B-Ready and buying a double City Mini, but the width of it is still scaring me off a bit. Most of the time I just use a single stroller and wear one child. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter