What strange things are you noticing in your area?

I wonder if she was shopping for a food pantry or homeless shelter, etc.. It is definitely a possibility now because all these places are seeing higher than usual numbers.

That’s my guess. I’m in a service organization and we’ve had to stop all our volunteer hours with partner agencies, but all of those groups are trying to provide food to their clients- especially since all of them are below the poverty line and have zero cushion from a reduced work hours or school closing. All of the programs are in areas where delivery companies won’t go, so we were providing large grants for them to go to stores and purchase themselves and they are trying to feed 100 people on average.

search for an Oregon TV station and read the headline that addresses tourist at the Pacific Ocean for spring break this weekend

before you do...remember these observations about Oregon
*first state to have the can/bottle refund
*they do not pump their own gas
*no sales tax
*largest book store in the nation, maybe the world
* have non-predatory animals as their university mascots
*beaches are all public
* biggest tourist attraction is a waterfall.

and in the 70s had a program to shut the southern border.....to stop...the Californiavirus.

It is Mothering Sunday in the U.K. and early this morning I walked across the fields with my puppy to visit my Parents’ grave. While I was there the Vicar appeared, unlocked the Church, set up a sign asking people to use hand sanitizer as they entered etc and put out a large bucket of daffodils (it is traditional here for Mothers to take a flower home from Church on Mothering Sunday). We chatted as he waited for the congregation to appear but nobody did. The Vicar looked a little forlorn so I asked him if I could bring the puppy into the Church. He said yes and he gave a short, perhaps 5 minute service, just me, him and the puppy.

newspaper article that in the moderate temp states folks are flocking to.......Drive-In Movie theaters and you can even bring in your snacks!!! Who saw that coming!!!

newspaper article that in the moderate temp states folks are flocking to.......Drive-In Movie theaters and you can even bring in your snacks!!! Who saw that coming!!!

We lost our last drive-in movie theater a few years ago In NJ. DH mentioned a couple days ago how great would it have been if it was still around.

What foods are popular and unpopular. It's weird seeing whole shelves bare.

Popular foods
milk, eggs, chicken broth and stock, bread, beefaroni (why?)

Unpopular foods
Modelo Beer
Dasanti water

Strange? I never thought I'd live to see the day that it would be okay to walk into a bank while wearing a mask and gloves! 😉

Lol. My husband went to Costco after work and said everyone was walking around with bandanas tied around their faces, sunglasses, and gloves.

My most recent strange thing I witnessed was a little church down the road from me had a service outside on Sunday. An outdoor service isn't that odd, but the pastor had a podium set up with a microphone and there were about 10 people sitting in chairs spaced at least 6 feet apart and then other people sitting in their cars.

Last week was easy. DD was involved in online school and it kept her busy. When she got caught up, she did some classes in a Yale online "personal wellbeing" class.

This week is our Spring Break, so we are BORED. So we've been going for walks in our neighborhood.

Apparently our neighbors across the street were bored too. While we were walking, they passed us twice -- in their car! They were driving around the neighborhood to break up the boredom.

I will stop teasing them about that in about 2079!

Last week was easy. DD was involved in online school and it kept her busy. When she got caught up, she did some classes in a Yale online "personal wellbeing" class.

This week is our Spring Break, so we are BORED. So we've been going for walks in our neighborhood.

Apparently our neighbors across the street were bored too. While we were walking, they passed us twice -- in their car! They were driving around the neighborhood to break up the boredom.

I will stop teasing them about that in about 2079!

I admit DH and I did the same thing Saturday evening. Just drove around for about 45 minutes through various neighborhoods.

I admit DH and I did the same thing Saturday evening. Just drove around for about 45 minutes through various neighborhoods.
We do this too, usually for various holidays to see decorations or when people start prettying up their yards. The thing I found odd about the OP's neighbors is they seemed to be looping their direct neighborhood (i.e., an easily walkable area). When we do our drives its usually further out than where we can walk or ride our bikes comfortably.

I shop at a Business Costco. The strangest thing I see is people stressed out about toilet paper and not finding any, but there are cases of the no name cheap stuff that you typically find in malls, etc.
People are only panicking about not having the brand name toilet paper.

I live downtown in a 200,000+ population city across the street from the main public library. It has been closed for the past ten days and will remain closed until at least April 14. Their parking lot is always full because you can get free parking by getting your ticket stamped in the library. The lot is now empty. Each morning I look up and see this sad sight.

Last edited:
I am currently being stalked by a pigeon. Its been going from front to back windows and will either flap wildly or hit the window. Once I look it stares at me. Will keep staring until I get pretty close. Been going on for about 1.5 hours now.

Not weird, but very sweet I think. Local neighborhoods are setting up "hunts" for the children. You put a stuffed animal of some sort in a window, on the porch, in the yard and families are driving through finding them. One community did a bear hunt another a drive by zoo. I can see how that would be a fun thing to pass the time with the kiddos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter