What ride is more intense - Expedition Everest or Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind?

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Mouseketeer
What ride would you say is more intense - Everest or Guardians? Explain why too. I haven't done Everest because of the backwards section. I love Guardians and the backwards section I don't mind. Too afraid to do Everest tho. Do you think I could handle it?

I love Guardians, but every time I go on Space I get the worst anxiety in the world. Guardians to me feels like a smoother, longer version of space mountain.

That being said, Expedition Everest is my absolute favorite coaster in the entire WDW. It's the perfect length, not too long and not too short, and it's the style of coaster I like with just enough intensity but not soo much you're scarred for life.
I think the launch on Guardians is less intense than the backwards portion of Everest though. I don't find the backwards part of Everest intense, but if I remember, I think it's at an angle? Honestly I'm usually screaming out of joy the entire time so I don't remember exactly what happens where.

GOTG due to multiple twists of the cars.
I like rides but GOTG was almost too much for me.

It almost did me in, but my husband loved it so much we bought ILLs and hopped to Epcot every night. I think I rode it 5 times? After the second ride, the ride mechanics weren't bothering me.

I love both rides, but if you can do GOTG, Everest should be no problem. Way more people seemed bothered by GOTG.

More intense = Everest

Guardians is all inside in the dark with no visual frights. Everest is outside often, big drops, high up views, intense turns = all very visual. Top speeds are about equal but with Guardians in dark you have no perspective on the speed so I wouldn't compare that.

Guardians isn't scary at all, it's only negative is the nauseous if the screens bother someone. I personally don't find Everest scary but I love coasters. At no point do I feel like I'm not safe, but it is a good coaster.

I guess is what is it that OP or anyone else is concerned about? It is the nauseous effect that some get going backwards or with screens. Or is it the thrill effect that determine the intensity of coasters.

These two are completely different - with the backwards being the only somewhat similar.

Last edited:

I personally thing Guardians is more intense than Everest. If you can do guardians you definitely can do Everest

More intense = Everest

Guardians is all inside in the dark with no visual frights. Everest is outside often, big drops, high up views, intense turns = all very visual. Top speeds are about equal but with Guardians in dark you have no perspective on the speed so I wouldn't compare that.

Guardians isn't scary at all, it's only negative is the nauseous if the screens bother someone. I personally don't find Everest scary but I love coasters. At no point do I feel like I'm not safe, but it is a good coaster.

I guess is what is it that OP or anyone else is concerned about? It is the nauseous effect that some get going backwards or with screens. Or is it the thrill effect that determine the intensity of coasters.

These two are completely different - with the backwards being the only somewhat similar.
I’m worried I’ll feel nauseous or dizzy going backwards. People say how it takes your breath.

I think everyone has their own barometer for intense. I don't think Guardians is that intense. It's long, and it moves in non-traditional ways, but in actual "ride construction intensity" it's a fairly non intense ride. It's super smooth, not jerky, and you don't hear the clink, clink, clink of a coaster climbing the highest hill before it releases you.

Everest is more intense for me, but it's the level of intensity I enjoy and I'm willing to do again.

I’m reviving this thread to say that I was so worried about motion sickness on Guardians that I forgot to check how intense it is. It was wayyy more than I expected and I was surprised by the backward launch.

I was a little hysterical, esp about midway through but when it ended I immediately wanted to do it again. It’s not like anything I’ve done, and I think it’s the best ride I’ve ever been on

I find the backwards drop on EE more challenging because you drop down and turn at the same time. GotG is flat and straight back. I can handle it but it does give me a weird feeling in my stomach which I don't get on Guardians.

I have not been on GOTG yet, but popping in to say Everest is my favorite. I must be in euphoria because I didn't even notice going backward until people mention it on here. So my logic is if you can do GOTG, then Everest is fine. I think it depends on how you feel about being outside on a coaster vs inside in dark with flashing lights. I'm more sensitive to screens and the contrast in lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter