What restaurants do you regret eating at?

The Wave - Felt like we were eating in a conference room, and the food was bland. Our waitress was a sweetheart, but I still wouldn't go back.

Biergarten - Worth going once just for the show, it was cute. But the food was mediocre buffet fare.

I feel like O'hana is totally hit and miss. We've had AAAAAAAAMAZING dinner there and we've had "meh" dinner there with bad service. It's never a priority for us to get an ADR

We eat at O'hana every trip and the early ressie 5 pm is the trick! Later the meat gets worse very tough.

STLnative said:
The Wave - Felt like we were eating in a conference room, and the food was bland. Our waitress was a sweetheart, but I still wouldn't go back.

Biergarten - Worth going once just for the show, it was cute. But the food was mediocre buffet fare.

We had breakfast at the Wave on departure day just because it was handy; we were staying at BLT. It was not good at all. I'd never go back, our waitress was also very sweet but it just didn't make up for the blah food.

DisneyMom2Boyz said:
We eat at O'hana every trip and the early ressie 5 pm is the trick! Later the meat gets worse very tough.

We had a 5:20 ressie 3 weeks ago and the food was great. Nothing was overcooked and my family loved it!!!!

The birds grossed me out at Chef Mickey's! :(

Glad I tried it on Dining Plan & the characters were fun otherwise I would have wasted OOP during a different trip?!

Ohana. It was so highly regarded here on our first trip. We had a 6:00 dinner ressie and it was horrible.

Also 1900 Park was beyond bad. The food was a much greasier version of golden corral. The character interaction was fantastic but, not good enough to go back on future visits.

Don't know what it's called, but the Mexican CS place in World Showcase. Plastic yellow cheese, prefab tortillas, itty bitty tables, ugh.

Food at Disney is not gourmet. I go with that mindset and have never had a gross, bad meal.I know the food is medicore. I've had more good servers than bad. Maybe because I've just been lucky, or maybe because I smile, say please and thank you and address them by name, ask them about their hometown. When I am at WS, if I know a little bit of their language I use it. I am going next week and am looking forward to my favorites, and trying new restaurants. That said I love Tusker House breakfast, and had great service. Did not like TH lunch. The flavors were not for me and our server was not great, but then we went without kids and she concentrated on tables with kids. I will go back for breakfast. My favorite dish of all?? Eggplant parmesan at Via Napoli. Pixie dust on 2013 trips for us all!!!!!

Agree with Biergarten. We ate there once and will not be back. Crowded tables. I don't mind being seated with other people but I don't do rude. Most of the food was not good. The only saving grace was the apple struedel.

DISclaimer: this is just my opinion..

Crystal Palace, food was yucky, characters didn't interact much, server was very slow at one point I think he forgot us.:confused3

We liked the characters here but I have to agree about the food. Worst food I have had at Disney.

Maxtrexmom said:
We liked the characters here but I have to agree about the food. Worst food I have had at Disney.

We LOVED Crystal Palace, we went twice last month but both times 8:00 bkfst. Best bkfst we had at Disney. Our worst was Liberty Tree Tavern. It was horrible, we hardly ate anything except the dessert.

Coral Reef and Chef Mickey's.

I was underwhelmed with Ohana but I wouldn't say I regretted it. I think next time we try it we will tell them we don't want them to hurry so much. It was weird because we went there in late January right during a bad storm in Chicago that was delaying thousands of travelers. Ohana was less than half full even at prime dinner hour - presumably because people couldn't make it to Disney. Yet they still insisted on dumping course after course on our table before we even had a chance to start eating the previous one. I had no idea what was going on so I just put up with it but I should have said something. The food was good but it just felt like a stressful experience, which was weird considering it was relatively quiet in there. Next time I know better . I will tell them to slow it down. LOL

Here is the list of table restaurants I have been to and the ones I didn't care for:

Rainforest Café
50’s Prime Time
Brown Derby (long time ago)
Hollywood and Vine: Don't care for this place, I don't think I will ever go back
Mama Melrose’s
Sci-fi Dine-in
Coral Reef: I know of a lot of people who dislike this place. I personally like, maybe because it was my favorite restaurant as a child. I always get there early, first seating, so that I can get a table closer to the aquarium.
Garden Grill
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Rose & Crown
Via Napoli: I thought this was a little disappointing, I love Italian food and I thought it was just "bleh"
Biergarten (long time ago): I didn't really care for this one, but it's also been a long time since I've been there
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Cape May Café
Shutters
Chef Mickey’s
Grand Floridian Café
‘Ohana (long time ago)
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wolfgang Puck’s

Boatwrights and Planet Hollywood.

Boatwrights because the food just wasn't anything we were hoping for; it was sold to us as something it wasn't. PH as the service is atrocious, none of the food is cooked to order, and what you do get is frankly terrible. I'm talking fries that nearly cracked a tooth they were so cold and hard.

Kouzzina - I had high hopes for this one but was so disappointed. The pastisio was all sauce and no noodles and the wine was just so-so. The worst might have been the decor - it's ugly and cheap looking. The service was good but not enough to balance out the poor food and high prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter