what resale price would be most likely to get?

MIALIAS

Mouseketeer
Which do you think you would have the best chance to buy 150 pts at:

Animal Kingdom @55
Beach@62
Bay @75
Boardwalk@45
Saratoga@43

Are you buying strictly for price? Or have you thought about which resort would be the best home resort for you and your family?

I dont see going during the busiest times for quite awhile. So I dont think I will need the 11 month window.

That said, I guess I am looking for the best deal? So I'm wondering about those prices points - which do you all think is doable?

thanks!

I can't believe that Disney would let them go for such low prices...AK is currently selling for $125 with increase going to $130 next month.

Maybe Beach Club... the others seem too low, but then again, I bought resale before the restrictions, so I don't know much about the current market.

I don't know about the others, but we bought SSR at $57 pp and according to other resale buyers that was a good deal. Not the best, but pretty good. I think $43 is very aggressive, especially for a fairly small contract. The smaller contracts go first and it seems to be harder to get one of the super low prices.

We are looking for a 100 pt add-on at SSR and it is tough. They go quickly and we can't seem to get near our original price. We just bought our initial 200 a few months ago so we are kicking ourselves for not just buying 300 to start with.

Good luck!!

SSR seems to be holding at low to mid 50's.

the best value really looks to be OKW for 2042 right now. i see alot of contracts selling in the 40's, and one sold for 38.

dues are still in the low $5 pp range

Of your list, I think AKV in the mid 50's is your best bet. I think owners are starting to dump these points because of the relatively high dues for it being a brand new resort.

Animal Kingdom @55
Beach@62
Bay @75
Boardwalk@45
Saratoga@43

To answer your question, I think your best bet on here would be AK followed by SSR. But the numbers you are asking for are in the top 1% of resale deals out there. You can pay more than this and still get a "good deal".

Animal Kingdom @55
Beach@62
Bay @75
Boardwalk@45
Saratoga@43

Any of those will probably take awhile to find - if you can. They are pushing the bottom of pricing but they were stripped contracts it would be more likely.

I'll guess that 150 pts would be AKV at $55 then BLT at $75 but really the prices you've posted are what I'd consider at equal levels for those resorts.

Price per point it's not the only parameter. You must consider also the number of points on the contract.
If you get a fully loaded contract (previous UY point and all actual UY point) you might rent those points and lower the price per point. Or use them immediately considering the same value.

So a 150 contract for SSR paid 63$ per point with 150 2011 banked points and 150 2012 points is identical to a 43$ pp contract but stripped from points until 2013.

Also the size is important. You can get very good deals but with bigger contracts, that are hard to sell and have less potential buyers (think about it, you'll be in the same boat if you decide to sell it in the future).

I'm buying a SSR contract for 50$ pp, not the best deal, but I'm happy because it's a small one (65 points) and with all 2012 and most of 2011 points.

What is consider a small, average, large point amounts? I am considering a 150-200 points range I assume this is either small or average?

Animal Kingdom @55
Beach@62
Bay @75
Boardwalk@45
Saratoga@43

I think 150 at Beach Club will cost you over $70. If you were buying a larger contract you might get under $70, but there are probably 7-10 total contracts on the whole resale market at Beach Club for under 200 points. They are very desirable contracts.
Bay Lake would probably be closer to $85

Saratoga you are a little low, think closer to $50-$55. Boardwalk think $50, Animal Kingdom you are close.

If you were looking for a much bigger contract (300+) you might be closer to these prices but for 150 you are a bit low. Of course you can always make an offer, the question is whether or not it will be accepted.

i would advise, that what others are claiming here isn't always
accurate.

sorry, my computer got zap by the storms, so i am using my
wife's.

anyways, ....i don't know anyone that would sell below what
they could get, & why would anyone sell where they're losing
$6,ooo to $ 8,000...would you?

on another post about towl- we're blt owners...it was closed
before i could back on because my computer. the point is the
same here, we listen to what others are posting but the views
we follow are the ones we are getting from member services.

so don't let others make up your mind completely, instead i
would advise on doing waht you can afford without causing
stress on your "essentials" , & the preferences of your
family.

What is consider a small, average, large point amounts? I am considering a 150-200 points range I assume this is either small or average?

Since there is a "1000 point club", I would say 150-200 is on the small side, but ultimately it's about the needs of each individual family. If the amount of points you get is enough to get you what you need and fits your vacation habits, then be happy. Many start with too many points, so you are in a good place. We bought 200 points last year, and are finding it's a bit short of what we need. We are looking for a small add-on, 50ish points, so we are very close. Initially we had been looking at 350-400 point contracts until I read a thread here that pointed out that those are harder to sell. We thought we'd get 2 200 point contracts, ended up with 1 (thinking we'd add on quickly), and here we are a year later with 2 trips under our belt, and are just now thinking about a very small add-on (definitely don't need another 200 points!). However, some people have/need hundreds more points, and good for them.

I think it's simple, look at the points chart and consider an approximate vacation pattern. Leave some room for points reallocations.

Good luck!

I would say BWV the most likely and BCV the least likely. no OKW on the list? good chance at $40

Also consider the expiration date. BWV,VWL,BCV,HH,VB and some OKW expire in 2042*. SSR expires in 2054, Some OKW expire in 2057*, AKV 2057, BLT 2060.

*OKW was originally 2042. DVC offered an extension to 2057, if you buy a resale from someone who bought the extension it would be 2057. If you buy direct it's 2057.

If your home resort does not matter, then I would strongly consider SSR. The MFs are low and the expiration is 12 years later than OKW.

I dont see going during the busiest times for quite awhile. So I dont think I will need the 11 month window.

That said, I guess I am looking for the best deal? So I'm wondering about those prices points - which do you all think is doable?

thanks!

What do you think are the busiest DVC times? What times are you looking at going? DVC busy times don't always match up with WDW busy times.

In the past few years, busy times at DVC almost are all the time. So if you don't mind staying at the resort you plan to buy at (and make a reservation at 11 months out), you'll be okay. But if you plan on booking something at four or five months out, you may be doing split stays because it may be hard to get a full week in one location.

What do you think are the busiest DVC times? What times are you looking at going? DVC busy times don't always match up with WDW busy times.

In the past few years, busy times at DVC almost are all the time. So if you don't mind staying at the resort you plan to buy at (and make a reservation at 11 months out), you'll be okay. But if you plan on booking something at four or five months out, you may be doing split stays because it may be hard to get a full week in one location.

Have to agree with this. I think some new members underestimate how busy certain times of the year are with DVC compared to WDW and its park attendance.

In terms of the OP's question and price, I think the SSR price and BWV price, may be possible but in today's market, anything goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter