What on earth happened to McDonalds?

Yeah, i don't know who decided that all fast food places now have to look like concrete shoeboxes. The only way to tell them apart is to look for the sign. All of them look exactly alike now.

Interesting, check out this video that was just created a couple weeks ago. He states exactly what I was trying to express with the decor and how they stripped all the happiness away from the restaurants.

Soul-less really stands out from that video. So true!

Some Wednesday nights when I dont feel like cooking anything, I order a dollar large fries on my mcDs app, then order a 3 dollar whopper on my Burger King app. McDs and BK are right next door to each other. 4 bucks for dinner, nowadays you cant even make dinner at home for 4 bucks. Granted I dont eat a whole lotta burger and fries, but its a great deal, when you want it.

All the best deals are now on apps. Even the black friday deals. You're missing out if you dont have it.

Some Wednesday nights when I dont feel like cooking anything, I order a dollar large fries on my mcDs app, then order a 3 dollar whopper on my Burger King app. McDs and BK are right next door to each other. 4 bucks for dinner, nowadays you cant even make dinner at home for 4 bucks. Granted I dont eat a whole lotta burger and fries, but its a great deal, when you want it.

All the best deals are now on apps. Even the black friday deals. You're missing out if you dont have it.
And you could get any size soft drink for a dollar or any size coffee for 99 cents.

I use the app and I can get some pretty good deals. Like free tea with a minimum $1 purchase. So I order a sausage biscuit and get my stuff for $1.90. I can even ask for a cup of ice water and they give that free. Not a tiny cup either.

I have noticed the lack of self serve drinks in the newer or remodeled restaurants. That’s kind of a bummer. I don’t mind the kiosks but I usually drive thru anyway.

I use the app all the time, and I go multiple times a week. Folks with smart phones not using the app are throwing money away. Love the $5 Big Mac meal deal! I like being able to customize my sandwich (no onions, please!) and find out in advance if the shake machine is down. I also like to compare prices at the various locations. It amazes me the certain items can vary by 50 cents or more. And I appreciate that they have consistent hours and offer breakfast, unlike my local Burger King. Also, when ordering and paying with the McDonald's app, your card is not billed until you actually check in to say you are there to pick up your order. If, for some reason, you don't have time when you see how long the line is, you can cancel your order in the app and all is fine. Unfortunately the Burger King app charges your card as soon as you place the order. The app actually let me order breakfast (and charged my card!!) for a location that wasn't even open. Was an ordeal trying to get that $$ back!

McDonald's? I'm lovin' it!

The last time I went to McDonalds (or even had their food) was back in like 2020. We were traveling and passing through Asheville, NC right around lunchtime. I remembered a long time ago seeing a TV show about a "fancy McDonalds" and googled if it was still a thing. Sure enough it was, so we stopped and had lunch. It was a cool experience. I hope they keep that place going.

I use the app all the time, and I go multiple times a week. Folks with smart phones not using the app are throwing money away. Love the $5 Big Mac meal deal! I like being able to customize my sandwich (no onions, please!) and find out in advance if the shake machine is down. I also like to compare prices at the various locations. It amazes me the certain items can vary by 50 cents or more. And I appreciate that they have consistent hours and offer breakfast, unlike my local Burger King. Also, when ordering and paying with the McDonald's app, your card is not billed until you actually check in to say you are there to pick up your order. If, for some reason, you don't have time when you see how long the line is, you can cancel your order in the app and all is fine. Unfortunately the Burger King app charges your card as soon as you place the order. The app actually let me order breakfast (and charged my card!!) for a location that wasn't even open. Was an ordeal trying to get that $$ back!

McDonald's? I'm lovin' it!

The particular deals can be regional. I’ve gone just 50 miles and there were different deals. I’ve been traveling and saw a lot of different deals. I originally loaded the app when the Golden State Warriors had a promotion of free medium fries on days after they won a road game. That was obviously limited to certain areas.

I did have a problem once where I ordered from the wrong location and did something to change it without canceling. But I wasn’t charged until I got close enough.

I do miss the deal where it was buy 5 coffee (McCafe technically) beverages and there was a coupon for any size/type McCafe beverage free. I’d buy dollar coffee and it would be the same. I was with my dad and got senior coffee for him and it counted. I’d also get inexpensive meal deals with a sausage biscuit or sausage McMuffin for less than $2.75 and that would give a “punch”. I think a few times I found extra coupons on just one device and they worked fine. Eventually they discontinued that in favor of a points system on all purchases, but they converted all my McCafe coupons and punches to points.

There are two McD's in my town, I haven't been to either in so long. I'm sure by now they've removed the balls from the ball pit and replaced them with framed photos of the Great Depression.
I drove by the PlayPlace McD's today, sure enough, they are ball-less. The entire building is stripped of color and it looks like a funeral home or a tax office. They still have a slide, but it's probably for the CPA to swoop down and hand you a copy of your forms and a Big Mac.

People annoyed with apps should watch the "Phones" episode of Bluey. :D
People like me who are annoyed by apps have no idea what Bluey is! :D

I use an app when forced to. Google maps to get around. I have mastered the Starbucks app to pay for things, but I don't go often. I reluctantly use Disney and Universal apps. I never go to fast food places like McD or BK.

I
The last time I went to McDonalds (or even had their food) was back in like 2020. We were traveling and passing through Asheville, NC right around lunchtime. I remembered a long time ago seeing a TV show about a "fancy McDonalds" and googled if it was still a thing. Sure enough it was, so we stopped and had lunch. It was a cool experience. I hope they keep that place going.
Is it the one by the biltmore entrance? I saw that one yesterday.

I don't think I do, either, unless I did it once ages ago and saved it. You do need to be close enough for it to register that you're there. I only go a few times a year, but the app is totally worth it.
Weird, even when I'm in the McDonalds, it won't let me order or pick up an order unless I log onto McD's wi-fi first.

I can't remember the last time I actually ate inside of a McDonald's. We pick up from there all the time and bring it home. If we want to eat in a restaurant, we go to an actual restaurant. :D
This. McDonald's has never had comfortable seating or much ambience. I'll bring it home and eat on the couch, or eat in the car during a road trip. But I've never seen it as a dine-in experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter