What kind of lanyard ya got?

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
I'm sure tons of you guys have lanyards!!! What kind and where did ya get it? Looking at a few on Amazon...don't know if they are any good...so I wanna hear from you guys. Does yours.have the retractable id feature....or the breakaway clip type thing? Thanks!

The thinner Ravenclaw lanyard from IOA Trading Company. I liked the necktie one but it wasnt as comfortable.

I feel like it’s hard to go wrong with a lanyard. They’re pretty simple, and even cheap ones will get the job done. My kids got their house lanyards at Quality Quidditch on their first trip a few years ago. I has to replace the plastic card holder last trip, but that was just a buck or two and the lanyard itself is fine. DD and I have some Minion ones I got for $2 when Toys R Us was going out of business, and they work as well as the expensive UO ones. There are some cute HP ones I saw at Five Below that I think I’m going to get for my nephews this trip.

Personally, I don’t care for the retractable ones. I use one at work, and when the inner mechanism gets messed up, it’s nearly impossible to fix it. They also don’t stay on some types of clothes as well as others. I also think lanyards are just easier - they stay on, you can wear them with anything, and it’s easy to tuck them down your shirt on rides. Plus they’re cute and can be a great accessory.

I love my Ravenclaw lanyard!! I almost bought a UOAP one, but it’s thinner, I guess mine must be the tie one because it’s wide. I think the width makes it more comfortable. When it’s around my neck, it’s harder for me to forget to ask for my discount…

I am cheap. So, I bought a 10-pack of the plastic part of the lanyard on Amazon. Quality plastic with ziploc close. That ziploc is essential for keeping things dry on the water rides. Then used one from my work for the ribbon part. Because we stayed together, DH wore a lanyard with all of our passes, each in its own plastic thing.
I wore a drink lanyard with our freestyle cup.

I use a heavy duty retractable lanyard with one of the ziplock pouches from UO.
T-REIGN Hunting Small Retractable Gear Tether, Carabiner, 24" Kevlar Cord, 4 oz. Retraction, Green Polycarbonate Case, Universal Attachment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF6QRM8/ref=cm_sw_r_apanp_NDcZHEowzNEMx
(note to board admin...this is not an affiliate link. This what amazon gave me when I clicked on share link)

It has a quick disconnect to take it off the lanyard when necessary and the cord is made of kevlar so it wont break easily. At disney, I attach the magic band module to this and carry my ap, dvc, and id in the pouch with no fear of losing.

Last edited:
I am cheap. So, I bought a 10-pack of the plastic part of the lanyard on Amazon. Quality plastic with ziploc close. That ziploc is essential for keeping things dry on the water rides. Then used one from my work for the ribbon part. Because we stayed together, DH wore a lanyard with all of our passes, each in its own plastic thing.
I wore a drink lanyard with our freestyle cup.
I bought the same - love them! I have a Ravenclaw lanyard.

I have a Los Pollos Hermanos lanyard my wife got for me as a gift years ago. It's crazy how many people (especially team members) notice and remark on it! :-)

I bought myself a Pokemon Go themed lanyard for the upcoming trip. Spouse hasn't picked one out yet but he does have an old Stitch Disney one. (We used them in airports to hold our IDs and CC at easy arm range while hauling luggage.)

ELV Badge Holder with Zipper, PU Leather ID Badge Card Holder Wallet with 5 Card Slots, 1 Side RFID Blocking Pocket and 20 inch Neck Lanyard Strap for Offices ID, School ID, Driver Licence (ROSE GOLD) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GV6HTG...abc_K4465AM951DMQBNF4ABG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I got that. I also got one for work. Government contractor and we have a lot of badges. I like it because it allows me to not have to carry a purse. That combined with my cargo pants and I am good to go.

For two years I asked at every store in the Studios, including the store attached to the E.T. store, for an E.T. lanyard. Nobody had them. Then, in 2019, I got off the E.T. ride, and there they were in the store. So that's my lanyard of choice.

So many options, cool way to express yourself if desired.

I’ve Tried, just don’t like the feel of a lanyard around my neck. The Vera feels ok but, not enough room to hold everything i need if ditching a bag for the day.

bought a box of convention type ID lanyards & staples, has multiple compartments including a nice zippered compartment (that holds quite a bit). Has a thin cord, similar in width to a shoe string. Gets attached to whatever bag/fanny pack or belt loop easily. too bad they are boring, basic black.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter