What Kind of Guitar for DD13? Christmas!

blackforest

Mouseketeer
Hi. DD13 really wants a guitar for Christmas. I am looking for an acoustic one. She will play it. She is in her 4th year of band (plays the sax), she plays piano and sings.

Is there a certain size to look for? Brand? I want it to be one that she can get a lot of years out of.

TIA!

Hi. DD13 really wants a guitar for Christmas. I am looking for an acoustic one. She will play it. She is in her 4th year of band (plays the sax), she plays piano and sings.

Is there a certain size to look for? Brand? I want it to be one that she can get a lot of years out of.

TIA!

Not sure of your budget but...

I say go for an acoustic-electric guitar. That way she can play normal - unplugged - like you would like but it also has versatility to plug into an amp for louder situations and effects through the amp.

You also want to look for something with low action that is easy to play. I truly think Ovations fit the bill for this situation as they are easy to play I believe from when I've picked them up in stores. Takamine's have great sound as well (not sure if they are easy to play, though).

Let me preface this by saying that I know zilch about guitars and or playing the guitar, but we are looking at one of Estabans 3/4 scale guitars on www.HSN.com for our DD12 (at Christmas).

My daughter is 13 and in her second year of guitar. We just bought her her second one at Costco, it is a Fender. It came with case, tuner, strap and stand for I think $130.00. She also has an electric guitar and fiddles around with that too. She says for her next guitar, she wants a Les Paul:lmao:

A great place to look online is www.musiciansfriend.com

We just purchased dd a guitar and mandoline at a great price and the guitar is full sized. DD is in 5th grade and just began guitar lessons. This website has all kinds of prices and some great deals.

My daughter plays a Daisy Rock...it is a great guitar line for girls. www.daisyrock.com If you find one you like though, check amazon.com for the same one, just cheaper. Good Luck!!

I was going to suggest Daisy Rock. They make cute guitars for girls! I love Daisy Rock! :) Or musicians friend as well, either site has good equipment at good prices.

We got our DD13 a Daisy Rock guitar at the beginning of the summer off of craigslist. She loves it! Her guitar teacher at school told her last week it was a really nice guitar, good quality. The best part is it is pink :)

Thanks everyone. Yes a pink one would be a plus! I was wondering about the acoustic/electric thing. Two sisters at our church play, and I did notice that last week that when they played it was acoustic first and plugged in for the speakers. I just didn't want the hard rock/loud blaring ones!

Thanks everyone. Yes a pink one would be a plus! I was wondering about the acoustic/electric thing. Two sisters at our church play, and I did notice that last week that when they played it was acoustic first and plugged in for the speakers. I just didn't want the hard rock/loud blaring ones!

Then definitely go for Daisy Rock!! They really have cute girly guitars. When you order direct you *should* get a free guitar pick, my company makes them. :)

My son bought a guitar off of his uncle. (Uncle is/was in a band). It was one of the extra guitars he had in his house.

It's a black Epiphone that my DBIL got in trade for some other guitar. He got the guitar and an amp for $75. He bought a case, strap, picks, strings, string threader on his own.

Personally I have a Gibson- that I LOVE and have one from the 70's that is even better(but my brother is using it right now)

Start with a Fender or a Gibson. I would go all acoustic. Personally I think if you want an electric get an electric- acoustic- go acoustic.
I don't know anything about a Daisy Rock guitar(as per the quality) but after looking I WANT A PINK SPARKLY GUITAR!!!
For a first guitar though I would hunt out quality. Oh and definately steel strings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter