What kind of beach does Vero have?

princess&tig

Mouseketeer
I have never been to VB. Soes it have nice white sand like clearwater? Is the water nice? Is it a big beach (from the water to the grass or hotel). Do they have ocean activities (boats to rent, scuba, para sailing). Do they have life guards? Are there other resorts near?

Is there places to walk to to shop at?

What do you do when you are there?

Some of us have described it as a "natural" beach. It is not very wide and, depending upon Mother Nature, can be extremely narrow. It is located in an area of very upscale homes and condos -- no other nearby resorts. The beach in front of Disney does NOT have a lifeguard and it is pretty risky to let children go in the water. Immediately next door to Disney is a public beach (Wabasso) that does have lifeguards. Best to do your swimming over here.

If conditions are good, you'll see surfers. There is also a concession at Disney that rents Jet Skis. Deep sea fishing and other excursions can be arranged with outside vendors.

There is a dune that seperates the resort area from the actual beach. This makes views from lower levels tricky but if the resort were much closer to the water's edge we'd all be sleeping in water beds. ;)

This real estate listing for a luxury home "down the road" from the resort gives you an idea of the type of view and the character of the beach. Click on both the "Oceanview" and "Beach" virtual tours.
Vero Flavor

PamOKW,
great idea on the virtual tour, my wife and i are going to Vero May1st for the first time. It looks beautiful!
Thanks

Immediately next door to Disney is a public beach (Wabasso) that does have lifeguards.
Pam described it well. Here is a pic of my dd (in my signature) playing on the Wabasso beach Aug of 2003. You can see Disney's Vero beach in the background. It is a pretty narrow beach compared to what we're used to----the Jersey shore.

The water has high turbindity and as such is not clear

The depth drops off fairly quickly as well

thanks
jaysue

Great picture, Maria!
Thanks Pam ! My dd, Heather, was having a ball playing in the surf. Suprisingly for August though, it was a little cool that afternoon.

We live about half our north of the resort and I used to work there as well (about 6 years ago or so). The beach pic is accurate--but keep in mind--with constant condo and resort development on the Florida atlantic coast and the Port Canaveral's jetty(about 1 1/2 hours north) --most beaches south will have the narrow shore lines--it is just something we live with. The beaches are lovely--and they do post the tides, so as long as you aren't going during high tide--it will be enjoyable.

(disclaimer--I never did enjoy the beach as a guest though--I am just offering my opinion as a resident of the area).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter