What Kind of Animal is Pete?!?!

Wendybird55

DIS Veteran
I know it's stupid, but this has been driving me crazy. My son watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse everyday and the character Pete is in it quite a bit and I just can't figure out what kind of animal he is....I don't think he's a dog as he has a pet dog named Butch - I was thinking maybe a wolf, but then there was an episode in which he alluded to the fact he's a cat - but he really doesn't look like one.

I want to know!! Does anyone here know??? Thanks

Quoting Wikipedia.... Not the best source but....

Pete (also known by variations of his name, including Peg-Leg Pete, Bad Pete, Big Pete, Big Bad Pete, and Black Pete) is a fictional character from the Walt Disney Company studios. He is an anthropomorphic cat and is occasionally depicted with a pegleg, and known as the arch-nemesis of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy. Though usually associated with the Mickey Mouse universe, Pete appeared in Disney's animated cartoon series "Alice Comedies" long before Mickey, and is Disney's oldest continuing character. He was a relatively obscure character until appearing as a regular character in the 1990s TV series Goof Troop. Though Pete is officially a cat, his feline appearance was subdued in Goof Troop and he resembled a canine like many other characters in the series.

So I guess a cat

Holy cat crap Batman! I've often wondered this myself but never would have guessed a cat! He's HUGE. I guess he has the temperment of a cat though...sometimes nice and sometimes not! Yeah, I'm a dog person.

Well I guess the cat suspicions have been verified, though I still don't see it. The only thing cat like are his ears. Can you imagine the litter box for this guy!!!

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about Pete Werner, owner of the DIS. lol!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I thought, hmmm, would Pete consider himself a cat, a dog, a bull, or a mouse?

Thanks for asking and answering this. I'd never really thought about what he was until this was asked and I got really curious and had to click on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter