What Keeps You Awake At Night?

melomouse

DIS Veteran
Okay DIS'ers. I'm being very brave for a former lurker., but since we were taling about DIS addiction, it came to my mind to ask you - What worries YOU about your upcoming trip, despite all the planning, researching, chatting, posting, saving we do around here?

Mine are:
Size of room large "enough" at WL?
Will Grandma buy herself a bathing suit for the trip?
Is there a remote possibility I will have enough left in me at the end of a day to do an E-night?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What if.... it's hotter than LAST August?My kids can't survive a night at the Cub's Den? My mother and son lock horns more than twice a day?.....
etc.,etc.,

Please share yours. It'll make the next 17 or so days go faster knowing I have many buddies out there!

Thanks! melomouse:jester:

I worry about:
I hope I get the room I requested
I hope we bring enough money
I hope we get all our ps's
I hope the kids only fight 10000 times a day & not more
I hope it doesn't rain
I hope the lines aren't sooooo long
I hope I don't gain tooooo much weight
I hope hubby buys me that beautiful braclet in the Marketplace I saw last visit
I hope I don't get toooo many bills in the mail when I get home
I hope this is the best vacation ever
I hope I can plan another vacation real soon.......

"I hope my dh has a really good time." I know the kids and me will get caught up in magic, but dh has such a hard time letting go. And we have so much on our plates right now, that I think "letting go" is what he needs most.

Before dd, I worried about how the weather would be for our drive up.

Now that we have dd & she's almost 4:
1) I worry about how the weather will be for our drive up (and back), our drive up last September was just horrible (pouring buckets, blinding rain & lightening so bad that we couldn't hear the radio and dd didn't nap on the way like she always does because it was too loud)...so the moral on that one, it's a real waste of time to worry about it (but I still do).

2) Then there's the weather when we get there! Before dd ponchos and umbrellas worked fine, with dd, she just wants to be Gene Kelly and sing in the rain with the umbrella ... oh yes it is for holding over your head to keep dryER. Then there wouldn't be any complaints about being "all wet":(

3) Most of all NOW I worry that dd will get sick just before we go or while we're there. She got sick the same trip we drove in the horrible weather (not to mention that weather stuck with us half the trip). Luckily it was just a cold. Our last trip she had a horrible cough the night before we left, had to give her prescription cough meds the whole trip. I can deal with colds & coughs but temps are another thing (and ear infections).

So, they are the top 3 worries for me. Everything else is secondary.

melomouse, let me know how your trip goes at WL, I'll also be trying the Cub's Den for dd:)

Funny. I don't worry about anything when it comes to my Disney trips.

I guess it's because I know it will be wonderful--no matter what happens.

I've never worried before about an upcoming trip, but last year I got SO sick at the beginning of the trip. I spend a ton of time in bed & missed out on so much. Now I'm worried & paranoid about getting sick before or when we get there. :(

I can never sleep the night before we leave. I am literally up all night looking at the clock, worried about getting to the airport on time. And then of course, worrying about not getting to sleep. After we board our flight, I start to relax! Sometimes I'm a little grumpy on that first day because I'm so tired.:rolleyes:

I took Tylenol PM the night before once. I was hung over big time the next day. I was in a fog all day.:o

Chance's Mom
I know exactly what you mean, I do the same thing. You get anxious the night before you leave, so do I, I can totally relate!

But, hey once you get to the WL you be able to relax, well kinda:) after all you are going to Disney!!! Yippee:p

Will I get my room request?
Will we love our room?
Will we have a great time?
Will the lines be really long?
Will the weather be nice?
Will things go smoothly?
Will we want to go back?

Once we're on the plane, get off of the runway, and climb into the air, I start to relax. :) I love to hear, "Welcome to Orlando".

I am always filled with thoughts of
WOW what a great rate we got! How can we not go to Disney with this code??? .... hmmmmmmmmmmm what if another great code comes out???? How will I resist the urge to plan another trip and use the excuse of " come on honey, we need to make the most of our AP" Hm one should be comming out for dec..... then my mind races of all the events we can attend and fun Christmas things we can experiece.... Before I know it I am planning another trip! LOL we are heading to the world in Sept but couldnt resist those codes that did come out! So back we will go in Dec for a short trip. LOL DF says we will not be renewing or passes cause as long as we have them thats the only place I want to go! :p I LOVE Disney! :Pinkbounc :bounce:
Its been a funfilled Disney year for us but I have promised that the next year we can go to all the vacation spots he wants. ;) By then we should be married and working on children! Everyone with Children has to visit Disney right?;) LOL oh I am so addicted

Originally posted by melomouse
My mother and son lock horns more than twice a day?.....

LOL very funny!!!

I think most of use cannot sleep the night before. Last trip I slept one hour and got up and drove to the airport and was the first person at the gate LOL.

I am also up the night before. I worry about forgetting
something or someone not feeling well. I normally don't
worry about the room, but this year I am very concerned
about getting my room requests at both resorts - POR AND
YACHT. I think because we haven't stayed in disney for such
a long time that I want everything to be right. Especially at
the YC because who knows if I'll ever stay there again because
of cost. Once I arrive at the hotel all worries seem to go away.

We have 2 weeks until we leave and seems like so much to do.
I know everything will eventually get done, but the question is
how much sleep will it get in the next 2 weeks. Have fun.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

-I worry most about missing my flight, so I almost never really sleep the night before I leave.
-I worry about weather, flight cancellations, and delays.

Otherwise I don't worry about too much.

Steven

I usually don't worry about anything. But this trip is different. i am suprising my DH w/ this trip and have had some date changes recently. DH wants a haunted house for Halloween. We were going to WDW for halloween but I changed the dates for the following week and my only worry this trip is will we have any money left after he builds his haunted house? He tends to go a little bit out of hand w/ these things.

My mother and son lock horns more than twice a day?.....

Lol - with us it will be my mother in law.

I never worried about this before, but now I'm worried about the plane ride. I was always a great flier, but with everything these days, I can't say that I'm happy to be flying.

Right now its ...Will we still be able to go(in 4 weeks) with FIL so sick? Will something happen after we drive 24 hrs to get there and we then have to turn around and drive another 24 hours home? Will we then lose our money and not even be able to reshedule?

After the downwards turn FIL has taken in the past week, suddenly, room request, no enights & EE, rain, etc... dont even matter. I just want to be there, feel the Magic, and not have to disappoint my kids. I guess deep down thats what really matters, but unfortunately with all my psychotic planning, I dont always realize that.

Will I get the room request?
Will my charge explode before the end of the trip?
Will I get to the airport on time?
Will I forget a kid?
Can I keep my mouth shut....we usually surprise the kids in some way?
Will I be able to sleep with all these people in my room?

Have a good time?.........never a problem!!!!

I do'nt ususally worry. The upcoming trip for us is WDW and the Disney Magic Cruise. I am prone to motion sickness, and am a bit worried about feeling ill for a week. I've bought the Seabands, as I wanted a non-pharmecuetical remedy if at all possible so that I can drink wine while onboard. Hopefully I wont need them...

Anne

Hi Everyone,

I hope that the vacation goes by slowly
I agree with the hope I brought enough money(somehow if you bring it no matter the amount you will spend it)
I hope my DH's golf ressie don't get messed up.
I usually don't make p.s.'s so I hope we get in a restaurant.
I hope we don't have to stand for fantasmic
I hope we get a great view for illuminations
I hope my daughter has a great time.

But lizzie64 your not alone. I worry about the flight too. If only for my daughters sake. I pray alot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter