What I've Done for a PIN (and still haven't gotten one!) :(

mommy*RN

<font color=limegreen>Does Imodium work for verbal
Okay -- thought I'd put it out there in case someone has suggestions for anything I've missed trying...here it goes...
- Updated profile on disneyworld.com
- Created "extra" profiles on disneyworld.com
- Priced out mock vacations on disneyworld.com
- Requested (and received) trip planning DVD
- Created custom maps
- Call more times than I can count to request code look up
- Have Disney Visa card
- Entering trip giveaway contest daily
- Put Disney Destinations in my email contacts list
- Prayed

Anything I've missed??

Thanks!:thumbsup2

I'm actually kind of bummed this year about not getting a pin. I see so many people who got the 40% off code, and this year, that would really help us. I've never gotten a pin before, and I understood. But that 40% savings would come in very handy.

What's kind of silly is, so many of the people that get the code won't ever use it, but there are so many that would use it, but don't get it.

I understand how all of you guys feel. I never received pins before this year. This is my first year of getting any sort of discount sent to me by snail mail and email. I don't know if breaking my tradition of going every year helped. (We didn't go last year) I had no intentions of going this year either because I wanted to buy a car. Keep the faith, if I received something, I'm sure that you guys will too!!

Sending you all pixiedust:

We booked a room at ASMu in early Jan. for next Sept. A few days later DS got a 40% pin. He is not going with us so we knew we couldn't use it. But DH sent an e-mail to Disney asking if we could use it. They replied what we already knew. "Sorry, but he is not listed on your reservation."

3 or 4 days later we got our own 40% pin via e-mail. (Which we used to upgrade to POFQ.) Coincidence?????

Last spring we had an off site trip booked. I called to make our ADRs and the CM asked if we were on the DDP. I told her we were staying offsite but were hoping to get a deal that would enable us to move to a Disney resort. About a week later we got a postcard for $59 value resort rate. Coincidence?????

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Last year I received at least 4 pins.... None this year. I was able to take advantage of the 4/3 deal, but would prefer the 40% off code.

i was in same boat:confused3 finally got one, just not the one i wanted;) free DP...maybe im on a roll

Count me in the stagnant marketing pool that never gets a code!!!:confused3 Mommy RN, I have done almost everything you have including pray! We are going on our first vacay with my BIL and SIL. He was in the marines and is out now! So we actually have a chance to go but we NEED a deal! C'mon April get here! Here's hoping for free dining...

21 visits to Disney and I have never gotten a pin. Dh just got the dining one and he isn't even registered and we already have bounceback free dining from last year.

Boy, same here! I've done just about everything I can think of, and no PIN :( I've tried calling 4 times to see if there is a PIN attached to my name, and each time I call, they tell me they can't look that up anymore. I am super nice to them, and even had two rude people. Two of them asked if I wanted to book, and I said "unfortunately, we're not going to be able to go unless we get a PIN". They said "OK, have a great day".

I tried a new one today...I booked a trip with Disney over the phone but have 5 days before I need to put down the deposit. I told the Cm that the amount was a lot and I would need to discuss it with my husband first. The reservation is just tenative until you pay $200. So I will let it expire (without paying the deposit) in the 5 days and see if that generates a pin of some kind. She said that was fine to do if I changed my mind. She said there would be more deals offered for when the 4/3 expires, she just did not know what they would be.

Worth a try anyway.

oooh I tried that with CBR...told them to hold the reservation until I got back to them as money was tight....that was 6 weeks ago...I guess it didnt work..:sad2:

I'll weigh in here too with doing all of those things except the Disney Visa and no pins either. I took my DN a couple of times with a very good public code and a pin came in her name (she lives in another part of the state with her parents so I couldn't use it). It figures - I pay for the whole dang trip and she gets the pin code :headache: . Well at least we can feel each others pain. :sad1: .

received a pin shortly after ordering the vacation planning dvd, maybe they don't send one to everyone who requests a dvd

I tried a new one today...I booked a trip with Disney over the phone but have 5 days before I need to put down the deposit. I told the Cm that the amount was a lot and I would need to discuss it with my husband first. The reservation is just tenative until you pay $200. So I will let it expire (without paying the deposit) in the 5 days and see if that generates a pin of some kind. She said that was fine to do if I changed my mind. She said there would be more deals offered for when the 4/3 expires, she just did not know what they would be.

Worth a try anyway.

I did try this sort of. I booked a package and put the $$$ down...held the ressie for 2-3 weeks and finally figured I wanted to cancel and see if that made a point to Disney...it didn't. Still nothing. I have a great vacation planning dvd though :teeth:. I also had requested a DVC dvd to see if that would boost my chances, but nope.:sad2:

I was finallly able to find a great rate thru a TA and booked the Poly for around $210/night total. We normally don't stay at Deluxe resorts, but this deal was too good to pass up. No dining though...but we'll cope.

I'm still wishing for codes for all of us -- including me. I'd love to price it out and see if I can drop my cost even more.

Pixie dust to all my codeless friends :wizard: ...and congrats to all who have received a code they can use. I'm jealous but happy someone is getting them!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter